1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Crystal Palace 0 v 2 Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2017-8-19_21-41-19.png Crystal Palace v. Swansea City upload_2017-8-19_21-41-20.png

Barclays Premier League
    Date - Saturday 26 August 2017
    Kick off - 15:00
    Venue - Selhurst Park, London

Paul Clement was appointed Manager of Swansea City on the day that the Swans travelled to Selhurst Park for last season's corresponding fixture with Crystal Palace.

Clement began the game watching from the stands but later joined Alan Curtis in the technical area to help guide Swansea to only their fourth league win of the season. That match was very much a 6 pointer, and, despite the fact that this season is only 2 games old, in some respects Saturday's forthcoming fixture could equally be described as such.

The Swans have just the one point from their opening 2 fixtures and have yet to find the back of the net, whilst the Eagles have lost both their opening games and like the Swans are goalless.

Whilst there were some encouraging signs for the Swans during their 0-4 home defeat to Manchester United - a score line that was, in some respects, quite harsh - it is an inescapable fact that the squad is in desperate need of strengthening, and the Jack Army will be hoping that new faces will be added to the squad before the match against Palace to give Paul Clement more options at his disposal.

In many respects, the next 12 days will go a long way in helping to shape Swansea's season.

Swansea and Crystal Palace have played in each other on 27 occasions, with the Swans winning 12, drawing 10 and losing 5.

Last season saw the Swans secure the double over Palace, with the game at The Liberty arguably the most exciting game in the PL in 2016/17 with the Swans securing a thrilling 5-4 victory

Whilst the corresponding fixture at Selhurst Park was not as exciting the 2-1 victory was nevertheless an important 3 points for the Swans and helped "kick start" the Paul Clement era.

Looking ahead to Saturday, Frank de Boer will be desperate to secure his first PL points since replacing former England Manager, Sam Allardyce, and I have a feeling that he will be celebrating next Saturday.

My head says Palace will win 2-0, but my heart says 1-1. <cheers>

Attached Files:

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I preferred PGFs Utd thread <laugh>

3. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Play like we did first 75mins today and we can get something. Get some quality in on time to play and we might be in with a chance of winning.

4. Taffvalerowdy

Well I won't do any bloody more then.....

You are worse than Roof.

Oh, I'm missing Dai <laugh>

5. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

<laugh><ok>

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  6. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Sadist!! :)

7. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Another loss for me in a low scoring game this time....1 - 0

8. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Don't worry about Valley, Taff. Nobody likes him anyway.

The only teachers worth cultivating comes in a bottle from Scotland. <laugh>

9. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Palace to win. 2-0.

10. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

No team set up or score from me till I find out if Llorente is available and or somebody is signed next week

Taffvalerowdy likes this.

11. seabreeze

How bout one do home games and one do away.

12. Taffvalerowdy

I've retired !

13. seabreeze

I wish Huw retired and you did away games as I think Whitey travels , but not sure about that .
    Regardless of the team sent out by Clement against Palace he needs a stabilizing , less abstract , game plan for this one , an early " Big Game ". Performance will be as important as points .

14. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

0-0 for me. Hopefully we have llorente back by then.

15. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

This is the standard of team we should be able to compete against and win. This game will show us where we are more than the Utd game which I always expected us to lose.

16. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

0-1 I think we will improve defensively and sneak a winner

17. swanseaandproud

Palace payed well with some good football and look to be better organized, Yes they will be a bottom half team but a team that has more about them and us unfortunately. We have 2 or 3 good potential players that really could go all the way and play for a big club and would have learned a hell of a lot playing with all the big players we have sold.....Who do they learn from now is my major concern as they become our best players.....If the yanks want to save and stop us spiraling downwards then they need to show their commitment by giving Clem enough funds so he can use his contacts to bring in some quality players even if it is short term to help us get back on track......But i fear that if Jenkins will be the controler of the club which he obviously is he has to be removed first and with very little time left in the transfer market then i cant see anything happening close to what is needed....

18. swanseaandproud

We are really short on premiership standard players now and our only hope that there will be 3 teams even worse than us.......That is a tall order at this moment in time.....We need a new chairman asap. we need someone with vision who wants to stay and grow in the premiership because if we get relegated the last 7 seasons wont mean a thing and will be condemned into the history books and just a memory. The yanks dont care and Jenkins dont care but they are still earning big bucks themselves....I wonder how long the fans will put up with the way the club is being and has been run these past 3 seasons before bums on seats start dwindling..I hope and pray Things will improve but i dont have any confidence it will under the yanks and jenkins i really dont....

19. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

With the injury to Bartley, does this put a spanner in the works of 3 at the back, should we have signed another if it was in his mind to play 3 at the back this season. I simply don't think we can go with Van der Site in a back 3 as he is simply not good enough at this level. Does he stick with the 3 and play Fernandez, Mawson and VDH or does he revert back to a back 4. I actually thought we looked good against Man utd with 3 at the back and fell apart when we went to 4. But, you have to have the players to play that system and with Bartley injured I am not convinced we have.

glamexile and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  20. glamexile

glamexile Well-Known Member

Bartley going to be out for 6 to 8 weeks