1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coventry City-Hull City (Match thread)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Febbos, Mar 12, 2011.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

It holds 28,184 and this seasons average is 16,093, so it was a poor turn-out today.

2. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

Good memories for Tigers fans. Not much else.

3. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Was a fairly decent game for us, a couple of shakey moments but overall we were in control. Cairney gave a decent account of himself, played some very nice passes (forward ones) but showed himself up for being 1 footed when given a good clear chance at the edge of the box, spent too long switching to his left foot and skewed his shot after getting closed down.

Their keeper should have seen red for fouling Matty near the end and we had some great chances, should have bagged a handful, McLean missed a 1 on 1 sitter and a free header, but took his goal well. Fryatt came close a few times, Koren was causing them a fair amount of trouble too in a free role. Garcia got himself in the right places but was totally missing fitness and sharpness.

All in all a positive display and a good day for the tigers!

4. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

id have to say that is a pretty fair assesment ..

5. adamisme

adamisme Member

I think the only reason that the Keeper did not see red was because Matty wasn't actually going towards the goal, he was more away from it and that is possibly the only reason it was yellow

6. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

When Dawson went off did Chester move to left back?

I'm just watching tiger player and Chester looks about 14.

7. adamisme

adamisme Member

bearing in mind that these days the teams average is 25 when Dawson and Barmby aren't on the pitch, your probably right LOL

8. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

yeah he did, thought he did quite well there too after a shaky couple of minutes...

9. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

The ref was ****ing drunk, Paynter did nothing card-worthy in that incident. A simple aerial challenge in which he clattered the opponent. Not violent conduct which is a red card and not a repeated offence which would warrant a yellow. Then again that ref was a **** all game, so it figures.

As for Becchio, yeah he should have started.

10. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Any idea why he's not? I thought when he was left out against Preston it was you lot resting players for an 'easy' game so that squad players got a run out. Leaving him out again though makes it look like Grayson is about to have a Phil Brown mental moment and start playing a team that would get beaten by the subs bench.

11. Jerel Ifil

No, no, it's quite the opposite with Grayson. He has his favourites who he tends to stick by even when they're playing poorly (a big generalization but it has been true), and Becchio is one of those favourites. I suspect the only reason he was rested is because he's looked a bit lethargic in the games before Preston. A week's rest should have left him fully fit though, bit of an odd one. Maybe it was the pressure of the crowd after all the Billy Paynter chants at the Doncaster and Preston games. I'm sure we'll see Becchio tearing the Blades apart on Saturday anyway.

12. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Thanks for the Leeds United updates el Dunce, couldn't care less what's happening with TWS

13. Amin Yapusi

Come on, a bit uncalled for, Ricardo asked a question the guy answered it sensibly, didn't even take a swipe at us. Il Duce is of a rare breed in that he's actually a fairly decent guy for a White ****e fan, raises some good points and doesn't just hopelessly wum and make up complete ****e.

Think we need to give the guy a rest, he's hardly causing trouble...

14. Jerel Ifil

Cheers, like you say, I wasn't planning on giving any more information about Leeds but a Hull fan did ask and I was happy to answer. H4L0 should have a go at Ricardo if he's so offended by "TWS" being discussed on the City board.

15. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

OLM, I looked on several websites and they all say it's 32,609. I'm not that sad but I always thought it was 32,000 and you made me curious.:emoticon-0105-wink:

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

That's because I cocked it up and used their highest attendance this season, rather than their capacity. :emoticon-0120-doh:

17. Amin Yapusi

What they actually managed to get 28000 in there? Was that for the Take That concert?

People just take a swipe at you because your a ****e fan. I've noticed you popping on here a few times always good natured and actually wanting to talk football, not stir up slagging matches like most of your lot who pop over here, which is probably the reason you're getting shoed away. I have no problem with that what so ever and it's good to have banter with other teams fans (not wums) even if you do support hells own football club, and you shouldn't just be bullied away.

What do you think the chances are of you lot making a slip up? And do you think anyone could drop out the playoff spots? I wouldn't be suprised to see the top 6 finish how it is, although Forest are looking a bit wobbly but I think they'll turn it on a bit now it's getting to the do or die stage.