1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cottagers - update pls!

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by LondonWhite88, Jul 22, 2011.

1. LondonWhite88

LondonWhite88 Member

I'm a Leeds fan through and through but since moving to Kensington, my love for the legend that is McBride (as well as Radzinski et al) brought be to the Cottage back then and I've always been behind you guys (until we make it up to the prem anyway).

Just wondered what your predictions are for next season. Assume you're all ecstatic with the Jol appointment? Did Risse play left wing last night? What of this Briggs kid coming through? Where else do you want to strengthen this window? Will the Europa bog you down too much?

Thanks guys - any info would be great for my banging on about prem football as I'm usually shot down for not following a team in your league.

Enjoy the season!

2. valjing

valjing Member

A good right back & C/F ,+ winger

3. Cottagecravens

Goals Goals Goals please.....

4. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Mr Jol apparently reckons we need (should?) get 60 this season. Your wish may be on CC, or not.

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Valjing's nailed it. We've got a good selection of wide players in midfield, but we need someone who is younger and pacier than any of the available options.

Briggs played left midfield with Riise LB on Thursday. I think Briggs (who is more of a CB than a LB) will get a few games as a back up to Riise the Elder, rather than as a competitor for first choice. Frei might get a few games, but I think it may be too early for him against serious opposition. The Europa games so far have been good experience for him and the general opinion is that he's done well in them

6. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

With the question of the Europa bogging us down, I don't think it will. We have a better squad than what we had when we had our last run, and we did alright then bar a little wobble around Christmas in the league. We seem to be looking to signing more players so our squad will be bigger too.

7. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

I think Briggsy will be used as utility (like Bairdihno) for the time being. As he matures, his best position will emerge (sadly, he may then be sold for a big wedge)