1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Contracted & Out of Contract Players!

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForEverAnAddick, May 10, 2011.

1. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

He's not been too bad for us Loiner, what's your problem with him?

I'd love to have Richardson back <cry>

2. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

No sense of defensive positioning, no ability to tackle, offered nothing going forward. Did he look a half decent defender for you lot or just the typical 'wing back' (which I generally take to mean 'winger being played out of position in defence who ends up bombing forward and leaving a massive gap on the flank')?

3. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

No he's looked a half decent defender <ok>

We've got a better left back in Youga, but he's been injured for 18 months and is now out of contract :(

4. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Tewkes,

There's no doubt McDonald has had a cracking season, but lets not get carried away cos it was in the fourth tier of English football afterall.

It's very unusual for a prolific scorer in league two to end up securing a move to a premiership side and especially unusual for them to actually do the business if they do end up there.

Off the top of my head i can't recall anyone making such a move from the bottom tier of the English game to the top (maybe you boys can)?

Us signing Mcleod is a classic case in point. Prolific in league two yet nothing short of hopeless further up the food chain.

I personally am more than happy with BWP and Benson as our front pairing. I can see them netting 30 goals between them no trouble next season.

I feel that any funds we do have would be best used strengthening the defence and midfield. If we could however pick up a natural target man who could give us something a little different in terms of attacking options along the way then all well and good (I always liked Deon too).

5. robcafc

robcafc Member

funnily enough i bumped into alex stavrinou at me mates cup final saturday, and he said most players will find out monday whats happening with contracts , he also told me that he had been released and that only came out monday and he found out friday i believe, wished him luck where ever he ended up, so i guess we start to find out very soon

6. robcafc

robcafc Member

oh and a player to get in, me mums friends son, dean bowditch at yeovil 14-15 goals i think this year... still very young to.

7. Pringle-poppin'

Would love to sign Vincelot from Dagenham, I think he got 12 goals this season, not bad for a relegated team. He can also play in defence which would give some decent cover. Wouldn't mind Hoskins either, with a striker of Akpo's mould, a big target man... but one who can win headers and score more than 5 in a season...

8. Ruby Ruby Ruby Boveeeeeer

Have it on good knowledge from an insider that KYLE REID HAS BEEN RELEASED BY THE CLUB