1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Contract Expiry/Loan Ends Summer 2017

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Mr Wolves-White, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Mr Wolves-White

Mr Wolves-White Well-Known Member

So with the end of the Transfer Window looming let's have a look at who's contract are ending and who's loans are finishing

Contract Ending

Charlie Taylor
    Alex Mowatt
    Souleymane Doukara
    Rob Green
    Ross Turnbull

To be honest I've resigned myself to the fact that Taylor is going. I'd keep Rob Green for another season but let the other 3 go. Turnbull is surplus to requirement, we could get a decent replacement for Mowatt and the less said bout Doukara the better.

Loan Ending

Matt Grimes
    Pontus Jansson
    Kyle Bartley
    Hadi Sacko

I do think with the exception of Grimes we should sign them all up at the soonest point

2. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Turnbull is having his contract terminated by mutual consent I believe

If we stay in the Championship I would give Doukara another contract, if we get promoted no I wouldn't offer him one.

We need a better keeper so I would allow Green to leave and I have never rated Mowatt the sooner he goes the better

Jansson will hopefully sign this week, Sacko another that isn't good enough for the Premier League and I wouldn't keep Grimes if he was given away for free.

Bartley still isn't rated by Swansea fans, they feel he can't make the step up, I would take a gamble on him if a decent fee could be agreed.

3. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'd give Doukara another year, just something for him to get his teeth into.

I'll get my coat...

4. lifecheshirewhite

Out of contract according to Wiki in summer,25 so a free.

5. BoggersMOT

BoggersMOT Well-Known Member

6. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Wouldn't trust Wiki as far as I could throw it.

Swansea official site says 2018.

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/art...d-loan-swansea-city-kyle-bartley-3163918.aspx

What seems ominous is that he signed a 12 month extension immediately before coming over to us. Ensuring big wages for himself for another year - plus Swansea can now get a fee.

7. davy

davy Well-Known Member

Evening WJ, not necessarily sinister I don't think - he was safeguarding his income first and foremost, as he didn't know how it would go at Leeds, plus he would have had an affinity with the Swansea club and teammates so was doing what was best for him and them. No?

8. Whitejock

Yip, I'd have done the same if I was him, tbh. But it means we have to pay a fee to pay for his wages. Wonder if that might be a stumbling block?

9. davy

davy Well-Known Member

10. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The Bartley deal would be complex for a couple of reasons

• The way it was set up with no recall.
    • The fee expected for him
    • He is a prem player and will either be with Swansea who I believe are dezzy for him back, or he will be sold to a prem club.
    Grimes hasnt set himself on fire but has the 2nd half of the season to do it. He is quality just needs time.
    Pontus is a done deal
    Taylor I believe will stay
    Mowatt gone today
    Duke to go in the Summer
    Antonnson out on loan unless he picks up the pace in the next 4 months

11. lifecheshirewhite

He's out of contract in June and over 25.Where's the problem ? no fee involved,he's a free and can sign a pre contract now for us as he's in the last 6 months on his contract,like Becford did with Everton.

12. Whitejock

He signed a 12 month extension immediately before being loaned to us, so no pre-contract possible.

13. lifecheshirewhite

Ow ok doesn't say that on wiki.

14. Whitejock

Was it you that posted this the other day? I replied, complete with link from the Swansea City official site. Don't trust Wiki as far as you can throw it!

15. Whitejock

Yip, check post #6 on this thread.

16. lifecheshirewhite

missed your reply the other day.

17. Whitejock

Your eyes popped out too? This is catching! <yikes><whistle>

18. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

I think Sacko is going to be out of our price range WW, Sacko mentioned that Leeds wouldn't have to pay the 54 mill for his signature, but he didn't say how much either.

Bartley's looking less and less likely as the season progresses, but a turnaround could happen.

Looks likely Taylor may go, in Jan or at end of season, Mowatt gone already, Turnbull had/is having his contract terminated by mutual consent I think, I'd let Green go now, but that's me. Duke is improving all the time, with a couple of minor lapses, but so have the other players, I'd keep Duke.

Jansson is staying any way, Grimes is a hard one to call, shows some brilliance sometimes, but not at others. Monk doesn't give him much playing time, like a few players Monk brought in, very very little actually, does make you wonder why he brought him here in first place, maybe cos like Bartley, he's an on loan Swansea player.

:emoticon-0148-yes:

19. Whitejock

I'm sure I read somewhere that the more likely fee for Sacko is around €2m. Was a while ago & no idea what the source is. It was clear at the time of reading that we weren't talking about his loan fee.

Fingers crossed for Bartley. I think his wages might be an issue if we don't go up, but this is guesswork based on me assuming that Swansea are subsidising his wages (which is not an unreasonable assumption for a loan).

Taylor's going nowhere IMO. Hasn't played for a month & will prolly take as long to get up to speed. Leaves only 2 months of the season available to play him, assuming he recovers & doesn't break down. No-one in the PL is that desperate. They'll wait until the summer.

Green either has or will shortly earn a 12 month extension, based on games played (think it's 30). Will we do a QPR on him? Unlikely if we're still in contention, so practically nailed on for next season (hopefully as a coach / backup).

Doukara is still young for a striker & could be quite a player when fully mature. I'd deffo keep him.

Hope Turnbull goes under our terms - i.e. a contract termination with no pay-up, which is what he was looking for a couple of months ago. Even if we compromise, it'll free up some more wage money.

Grimes has shown us very little to get excited about, but Monk's no mug. Hopefully with Monk's help he'll turn it round, but I still see Hernandez & Roofe as better #10 options. Just got to be glad that he's only on loan & not on one of the old 3 year contracts we used to dish out to all & sundry.

20. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I haven't been aware of any flashes of brilliance from Grimes, maybe with Mowatt leaving he will have his chance to shine today. Read another article that suggested Monk isn't overly happy about Mowatt being sold, he was stressing the importance of being stronger as we exit January than weaker.

All reports leading it to the signing of Canos and Fletcher. Doukara for me should be offered a new contract if we remain in the championship, if we get promoted let him go, he will never be a PL player.