1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Conte really is making a big difference, Jose is not.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Aye CP which is exactly what's puzzling. When he signed and did that photoshoot looking all prim, new haircut, new suit, it looked like he was gearing himself up. Diego seems to think he's been asked to curtail his persona but I doubt anyone at United is going to disagree with him having a smile and the occasional joke every now and again.

I remember the one Jose quote I liked when he was at chelsea, when he was asked about feeling worried after game he'd lost. And he replied he was feeling more worried about the bird flu crisis that was going round in the news <laugh>

As I said earlier I think when he went to the continent the bad blood with the media and club politics has affected his persona long term. I am convinced of it.

3. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Great to see Conte adapting and blooding youngsters too.

What i really liked which i found someone wrote about him is that he is so humble. See someones comments below:

I feel something truly special about Conte. I have carefully followed all his interviews this season, pre match, post match, exclusives etc. I have noticed something that stands out:

Conte's humbleness is astonishing. When the team plays well, he almost always refers to the exceptional performance of the players. He uses the word 'they' alot. Never 'me' or 'i'. He rarely stays 'my style of football' he says 'out style of football'. There is a collectiveness. I do not think this is premeditated either, I just think this is naturally the kind of human being Conte is.

But here's where it really stands out. When Chelsea drew, lost, lost in that awful spell, Conte took ALL the blame. Did not single out any players. He said it was 'his' problem. He said 'I must find a solution'.

The result, I think, is you are looking at truly one of the great man managers in world football. Shoulders the blame in times of trouble, leaves the spotlight on players in times of success. This constant push pull strategy is what makes him likeable.

I think a large part of this is born out of the fact Conte was a Juventus captain. PLayed over 400 times at the elite level, champions league winner. Often in times of adversity, when tactics go down the drain and teams go through ruts, what you need is a leader who has been there and done it. Who has seen the darkness and prevailed. Unfortunately people like Jose as good as they are, have never had that exposure as a player and therefore it will always be more difficult to relate in tough periods.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

So dropping Fabregas, Ivanovic, Oscar and changing his formation with 3 at the back had nothing to do with it?

Come off it Bobby it's been 9 games and you're already making sweeping statements which carry little weight. His vocabulary of "our", "they" and "we" are used by all managers including Jose ffs.

He made a tactical change which worked. End of. It's easy to say him shouldering the blame is some unique quality when his tactics work. Lets see how him shouldering the blame works with his players when his tactical changes dont come off and they turn on him.

And at the end of your knee jerk reaction you use it to have a pop at your most successful manager in history while claiming this new bloke (who's achieved nothing so far at CFC) as truly one of thr greats in world football. Bloody hell <laugh>

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

The thread "Required Reading". Will tell you all you need to know about Conte, and where his work ethic derived.

6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

you sound jealous trebs :p. As i said i ripped it off someone, not my words. In the interviews i get the impression hes a great man manager.

Obviously the change in tactics and dropping of underperforming players is a key part of it, but he has also got the superstars playing and got the fringe players playing well. Hazard, Costa, Matic were a shadow of themselves and all 3 were rumoured to be off. Moses a perennial loaney and even the much maligned Luis have been on fire recently. This is him working his man management and making the players play for him (note the players didn't turn it around when hiddink came in) which i think is partly as described above. Obviously it could all go wrong (some people were moaning earlier, i kept the faith) but his past record suggests he's going to be a special coach

If you don't think Jose (he wasn't originally like that) has not been criticising his players, his staff (medical) and even this year with united then i don't think you have been listening to jose talk. Obviously Jose is a legend to us and i wish him well but everyone knows he's recenty been glum, whether thats a personal issue, falling out with the media, burnout i don't know but he doesn't seem to be the same manager he was (at this moment in time).

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Treble: Jose's newest fan and his staunchest defender.

His anti football is OK all of a sudden

Blueman and StanDMan like this.
  8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Mate you're being naive if you're comparing one manager who's been in the Prem 9 games to one here 12 years and who's been through virtually every set of challenging circumstances a manager can go through during that time.

Putting it simply, Conte has nowhere near been tested enough yet. For you to be making such premature sweeping statements.

9. Bullet tooth Tony

Treb's you make it sound as though Conte is new to coaching, guess what, he is vastly experienced, just not in our Premiership.

10. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

He smashed it in Italy with Juve. He's also done a stellar job with what has been called the worst Italian side in history. I think he knows a thing or two about managing.

Tell me, how many national sides has Jose managed? Just because you don't k ow much about him, doesn't mean he's not a great manager.

Blueman and StanDMan like this.

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Fair enough. But he did a great job with Italy and Juve.

And he is certainly the best manager available to us. So we are happy with him

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Instead of overreacting go back and read what's been posted. We were talking about what he's done at Chelsea in the premier league. And he hasn't been tested nowhere near enough in 9 games. As for the rest of your post, the prem is a different kettle of fish, surely you of all people would have learned that after Scolari <ok>

If Bobby comes back in a year and is able to claim the same, with Conte having won the PL then his post may have some credibility. Until then (and with the greatest respect to him because he's a decent poster) it's just fanboy talk.

13. Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys

Super_Chelsea_Blue_Boys Well-Known Member

The conversation had started to include what Jose had done elsewhere in Europe. You're absolutely correct. Conte is unproven in the prem, but so is Pep, but no one bats an eyelid about his experience or credentials.

14. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Ha, Jose's greatest fan all of a sudden. Didn't take him long to meltdown and get an FA charge did it? I will always appreciate what Jose did for us but we are better off without him. No controversy and no fuss.

15. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Just like saying Jose would play and do things the United way.

Jose does things his way.

Blueman likes this.
  16. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

You want Mourinho back lol. He's out of he's depth at United.

17. Bullet tooth Tony

And soon United will be out of their depth in the Premiership. Oh wait.

18. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

moyes,lvg, and now mourinho...you'd think at some point you'd twig on to the fact that your squad is ****e...

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That squad that they have all added players to?

20. george the blue

george the blue Active Member

****e players. they all bought badly (moyes had his hands tied though), although in jose's case they bought pogba, who even barca were after, bailly who is actually a vey good defender just has a clown as a partner, zlatan who is still quality just not getting fed, and mhktarin who can be described as a bad signing (even though he's still bedding in, and hasnt played).

its like common sense has flew out of the window at man u:

Martial isnt world class. Lingard isnt world class. Shaw isnt world class. Rojo. Mata. Rashford. Basically every one in your squad bar de gea (whos in bad form and doesnt even want to be there), bailly, pogba and zlatan are ****e.

its a sad indictment that even MOURINHO is playing fellaini as he has no better alternatives than to hoof it up to him.

the squad was **** when fergie left and noone has made any serious strides to fix it. Oh sorry ONE person has, your ****ing manager. So stop sulking and blaming him for 6 or so years of bad managment of the club!

Blueman likes this.