1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Conte really is making a big difference, Jose is not.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Oct 24, 2016.

1. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I don't think jose is too happy about being away from his family,don't think they'll leave london.
    This situation will bug him sooner or later.

Blueman likes this.
  2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

this & his father not doing good.

Personally i know these situations and their effect on one.

3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I find it strange that United haven't sorted the situation out tbh. Why is he in a hotel?

4. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Exactly -
    His Father
    His Family
    His Hotel

I know what a horrible combo that is. Been there, done that for extended period.
    Everything wrong for him.

But still he is only 6pts behind 1st place. That is wrong for everyone else.

5. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Perhaps they think he'll be off soon<laugh>

6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Or perhaps, like most adults, he wants to sort his own house out. One where he and his wife can be happy once his son goes to Uni next year :emoticon-0100-smile

7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

but seriously, how difficult is to get him in a decent apartment / gated community some sort of abode than a Hotel. Perplexing.

Whenver I move before my family does - I will be in hotel for few weeks until I find a place.

You don't take 3 months in hotel - even if you are a multi millionaire. Right?

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You would have to ask Jose that but, I would think as a short term measure it's about as close as he could get to OT without sleeping in his office
    Gated community <laugh>

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Wow Treble, now that's what I call a well thought out response !
    You went much further than me, my post is based solely on my opinion that Jose seems to be deteriorating due to his ego and , alongside this, his constant behaviour, which is bordering on attacking and blaming every and anyone, therefore defending himself before he's done anything wrong. In other words, a form of Paranoia. I certainly didn't look at his previous methods at other Clubs, but really take your point. Maybe he needs a rest and a course of help to get his attitude back into a positive frame. Living life thinking "the paranoids are after me" is not the best way forward !!

Treble likes this.
  10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I dont disagree. His deteriorating "infamy infamy they've all got it in for me" is well documented in Italy and Spain.

I'll tell you what's been most disappointing from a United fan p.o.v... This is allegedly the job he most coveted, particularly his desire to succeed Fergie. If that was me, I'd be going in with a big grin on my face, full of enthusiasm and with a vision and hunger that would energise the whole club after the debacle of Van Gaal. I'd be the daddy! He's been anything but.

I don't want to see the miserable look anymore. I don't want the dry press conferences where he's coming across like he's sulking. Above all I want to see him actually enjoying himself. If he crashes and burns while doing so, then fair enough but he'll get far more support from the fans if we can see he's revelling in his new role. I think the fans almost want him to take control of the club and be the club. At the moment he looks like he's not quite at home. Shake it off Jose!

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Do you think he could be trying to "behave" within what he has been told are acceptable limits?

There was a lot of talk when he didn't get the job and more when he did that certain people within the club thought he was far too controversial/confrontasional. He now seems very subdued and almost polite in interviews, all the fun and devil gone from him.
    Maybe it's personal problems that have taken the fight out of him or maybe he is working under constraints we don't know about, either way he needs to get back that "us against the world attitude (SAF always had it) and tell the players we are better than them, go and show it.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It could be. But surely he can find a happy medium between sounding enthusiastic and not calling another manager a **** <laugh>

I doubt anyone at the club would haul him up for actually looking like he's enjoying himself.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I think (hope) that for some reason he has to act all adult and serious, if not, then all his passion and drive have really gone.
    Maybe if he comes under real pressure (from inside the club) he will think "**** this, my job is at stake) and really go on the offensive regardless of what some may think.
    Like I said, either way he needs to get back to himself.

Treble likes this.
  14. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Hardly a fair comparison though is it given Pep and Conte are in their first premier league seasons. So no, they don't have Jose's premier league experience but the pair of them are outperforming him at the moment. Jose has become stale and jaded in my opinion.

United are 20-1 at the moment. Put your money where your mouth is and you could be quite rich come May.

15. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I am not alone. Petr Cech agrees.
    http://www.espnfc.us/english-premie...-manchester-united-are-still-title-contenders

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Jose always does something like that after a reverse to distract the press and fans from talking about the football and his side's poor performance,

And everyone falls for it every time. Fergie did the same.

It is just that Jose is losing more often atm

17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

So was he 7th in his first full seasons at Porto, Real, Inter, Chelsea v2 in November?

I think you'll find seventh is pretty alien to Mourinho 2002/3-2014/15

18. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Got to say, if I had millions in the bank, millions in my pay packet, and the job I always wanted, you couldn't wipe the grin off my face. Strange that Jose or his advisors can't see the "new" grumbly Jose doesn't inspire his players like the Jose in "The Coat," who always had a funny quip for the press, and a smile and wave for the crowd. Maybe he needs to take up Yoga, read a couple of Spike Milligan books, and buy a new Coat !!

Treble and StanDMan like this.
  19. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

I tend veer on the side of caution - Jose has a tendency to feel his way in the first season, then excels in the second season and then for some unknown reason hits the wall in the third.

Jose's Achilles heel has always been his reluctance to bring on youngsters preferring the finished product off the peg - whilst that might produce benefits in the short term it is only delaying the inevitable downturn when nature intervenes in the case of older players and then it's back again to the board requesting expensive overrated reinforcements.

20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes this is more his achilles heel