1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

conte post patch

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by george the blue, Sep 25, 2016.

1. The Ginger Marks

In your pants :emoticon-0127-lipss

Blueman likes this.
  2. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Yes but we don't trust them. The only reason they played last season was because we had nothing to play for. Besides Bertrand in the champions league final I don't remember us ever trusting a young player in an important game.

3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Exactly. It comes down to trust, if we don't trust them we will never know.

StanDMan likes this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Your squad is quite old, you either have to spend big or start trusting these lads. The problems from last season are still there and it seems to be that replacing players that are not up to the task is your main problem.

5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Conte isn't clueless - his sanction of Kante & shipping Mikel.
    Conte isn't gutless - his benching of Fabregas.

BUT-
    Ivan(RB), Cahill, JT & Dave (LB) - are biggest conundrum. If Conte uses either of his above traits we will not be in deep ****.
    Don't know when he is going to use his clue or gut to fix our biggest problem.
    This is make or break for him and hope he makes it big time <ok>

Bristol Blue likes this.
  6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Being linked with Keane for 25 million baffles me when we have Christensen doing wonders in the Bundersliga plus a few other decent prospects like Kalas.

Blueman likes this.
  7. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

I'm also hoping Conte makes it big time. A few big defensive signings from Italy in the January transfer window is what I want to see. Does anyone know of a young Italian version of John Terry who could marshal our defence for the next decade???!!!

StanDMan likes this.
  8. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

True Blue. However, we need to pull some miracle signing since we cannot challenge the Manchester money bags.
    It is a disgrace that Napoli kid is quoted 70M Pounds.

9. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

No, but there's a kid called Christensen who plays in Germany and looks the bollocks !
    I hope Conte is just giving the old guard their last chance to come good, before deciding on a major clear out and rebuild. If so, the last few weeks should have told him they have had their chance and failed the test. In retrospect, he had little choice but to get to know for himself who is out of form and who is past it, before making an expensive and disruptive major overhaul. However, it looks as if he has now made some decisions, and I expect to see some big changes in our starting line up as early as next game.

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

It's not easy for a new man to come into a club that is full of long standing, successful players and start to make changes right away (even if needed).
    You have a squad of players who won the league 12 months ago, many of who are fans favourites. It takes time to ease players out in those circumstance's whilst keeping the squad (and supporters) on side. We had the same problem when Fergie left, he had just won the league with an ageing squad of supporters favourites that was never going to be competitive the next season, it was unfortunate for Moyes that he never got a chance to change things (although I believe the job was too big for him) and I just hope Conte gets at least a full season and full summer transfer window to make his mark.

11. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

No Diego.. Ofcourse these are fan favorites, but they are not at the right side of 30. But very much wrong side & getting worse / complacent / careless. Any strong manager will step up and do his stuff.

If Pep can treat yaya that way - Conte can sure treat Cahill & Ivan similar if not same way.
    Most of us are not even talking about dropping Ivan - but asking Ivan at CB and never at RB.

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

It really is a bit of a rock and hard place situation for a new manager. Imagine he had come in and started the season by dropping Cahill and Ivan, maybe even Hazard (who is not performing anything like you would expect) and the performances/results had been the same, would people be calling for the old guard (figuratively speaking) back?
    The best thing a new man can do is make changes slowly with an eye on next season and keeping as many people as possible (squad, club and supporters) happy in the interim.

13. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

good point. Not everyone can take Pep's method. How about Jose's method??
    Jose fed Rooney to the dogs by playing Fellaini along him in all games.
    Now dropped Fellaini & Rooney together and pulled off a miracle against lethargic Champs to sabotage Rooney completely?

If Rooney can be treated like this, why cannot RB Ivan & CB Cahill for us??

P.S Cahill looks like a better CF than a CB.

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I honestly think Jose is going about it the right way (though is over doing the miserable bit), he knows Rooney is not up to it any more and I think he played Fellaini to compensate when we lost/gave away the ball through Rooney. He will continue to put them both in and out of the team for the next few weeks to phase them out slowly.
    Having said that, he could just be trying to make a point to the board that he needs more players (a game he played well at Chelsea), but I hope not.
    Pep has made one big decision, he has kicked Yaya into touch, much the same as Jose with Bastian. They are both high profile players but no great loss to the squad/team at this stage of their careers. Making a statement (at least in the press) without actually harming the team.

**** knows what has happened to Cahill, he looks good enough with JT next to him :huh:

15. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

No, he looks ok with JT, never good.

Jose did that with Torres, Lampard + Mikel - Deadly combo after shipping KDB out and still almost won the league.
    That is why I don't bet against Jose ever.

Next week will show how good Pep's city are without KDB.
    They have lost KDB at a crucial time - lucky for Spuds yet again.

16. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Managers like Jose, Pep, and hopefully Conte, have learned enough to know when you go to a new club, you take it easy, suss things out ,then make your decisions , AND do it with conviction. Whatever these 3 blokes thought of their squads before they joined, now they all know from their own experiences. Each will make decisions that baffle their supporters, but unless they are all dumb as Trump, they will make more good decisions than bad.
    Jose and Conte are in a very similar position, with old favourites faltering, and playing styles a bit of a mess. They both need another couple of months before we dopes can see where they are heading. I wouldn't bet against either, but think Contes' job is a bit more difficult and complex.

Diego likes this.
  17. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think Conte has done the right thing in that he has largely kept the title winning side together to assess if last season was a blip or not. I think the reality is, is that we aren't as bad as last season's form but that also, some of these players peaked during the title winning season and may never reach that level again.

Most of the back 4 for a start and possibly Matic and Fabregas as well.

Costa is perhaps the only player you could say is at top form at the moment.

Our back 4 for next year should probably include Dave in his correct position,2 from Zouma, Luiz and Christensen and hopefully Alonso at left back (if he settles and gets game time).

18. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Just seen the thread title.
    Conte post patch?
    Has there been an upgrade, a new DLC?
    Conte 2.0?