1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Watford' started by aberdeenhornet, Apr 9, 2011.

1. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

Still nothing official regarding the questions the wobbie and fans have over the takeover, why? The revenue streams for the club are a) the fans b) other clubs and c) the press. As such any owner should be looking to increase the funds coming from each of these sources, c) is a long term collective project with other clubs involved, b) is the transfer market so down to the playing side to develop but a) needs goodwill and making the whole Watford experience as pleasurable as possible. As such we do not accept the mushroom treatment. It all begs the question what motivations can there be for this deafening silence?
    1) Fronting exercise by a clueless businessman for somebody/bodies of less than perfect credentials (Luton supporters won lottery and putting the club into liquidation)
    2) Fronting for Russos? Their silence in all this when they stand to lose their not insignificant investments is surprising.
    3) Cultural background of Bassini from a naturally secretive society sector
    4) Sensitive financing negotiations ongoing and Bassini hasn't the sense to be able to differentiate between critical information and the bare information he can give out
    Must be other theories but I'd investigate the Russo angle fully if I were the press, seems a pretty plausible one to me as they would be getting on the cheap and avoiding impossible negotiations with LA and S (now history shares have sold) and direct contact with GT.

2. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Taken my suggestion a little further Aberdeen ;) I must admit I find it mind bogglingly incompetent of the new owners not to have issued any more solid info by now!
    That stink from wd18 is getting stronger!

3. Roger68

Roger68 Active Member

He should be going out of his way to re-assure fans--and especially those about to renew season tickets--that the club is in good hands, that he has well founded plans to take it forward and that therefore they should enthusiastically renew their season tickets. That is just basic good business. But I suspect he does not really understand football as a business. Neither does he understand what it means to be the owner of a football club. It is not a role that he can play out of the limelight. He had better get used to being asked questions and being held to account for practically everything that goes on at the club--and get used to being vilified if the answers are not forthcoming/not what fans want to hear. And it is no use him saying "we will carry on as before" because the whole point of the "Winter Stability Plan" was to find new owners who would bring additional investment into the club. If Mr B is not that man then we are back where we started, but in debt to a poor man not a rich one who could better afford to wait.

4. Norwayhornet

Another day still no more news!!! There really needs to be something in this weeks wobby ,or he risks being vilified before he starts!!

5. mkhornet69

mkhornet69 Member

I have said this once before and still hold onto the view that if there was a scandal related to Mr B the national press would have sniffed it out when the Watford takeover initially started month ago, the Red Tops would also have picked up on the WO open letter and come up with something if it was there.
    This maybe a little hopeful and optimistic and those who know me would never call me that!

I am not an expert but suspect that he cant say too much as the process of procuring the club is not complete, he is as stated before from a “secretive society sector” and possibly his advisors have told him to say nothing. This to us makes no sense and increases our frustration and anxiety over the whole affair.
    I think we need to draw back, let the process complete and see what the outcome is. Then we can make an informed judgment and protest/applaud as appropriate.

6. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

MK - the deal is done - it is now just dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" He can say what he likes - he already owns a majority of the shares and could end up with all of them. Silence now is irrelevant to the purchase. If he is silent it is by choice.

It is now too late to protest or applaud - that needed to be done to stop him getting control if he was not the right person - but the Watty Obs chose to hold back until the deal was done - for whatever their reasons actually were.

There is nothing new about him to reveal - he is a discharged bankrupt witha string of company liquidations and failures behind himand not one single success. Have a fence if you want to sit on it but don't expect me to join you. I put him at best in thee category of Jack Petchey and I could not wait for him to go.

7. mkhornet69

mkhornet69 Member

Leo, Don’t disagree that the deal is "done" but dotting I's etc is still a part of a total process.

I kind of want to be on the fence right now, we all have a massive interest in what happens next, who he is, who is behind him, where the money came from, who does Aunties hair? etc

This thread is appropriately called "Conspiracy Theories"
    I also recall the Petchey era, and for that very reason want to hold faith that the current board wouldn’t let that happen once more.

8. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I so so hope you are right

9. Norwayhornet

Sorry MkK got to agree to disagree with you ! If there were no shady dealings being done ,then why be so silent , Must people that buy football clubs are screaming it to the world!! This whole process has been protracted and dodgy ,remember back to when we sussed out a con man and turned down a bid that was backed by the sainsbury group! I think wires were crossed and we binned the wrong deal!!!

10. aberdeenhornet

Watford Leisure PLC website now corrected showing the Russos have sold and Bassini has 88% as of a week ago. Very strange how they've been so quiet, the redtops could get a story there.

11. Norwayhornet

what do think is going on Aberdeen?

12. aberdeenhornet

What I know is I am worried! Patience for a few days more but it'll be very quick for the fans to turn if there are no answers and no pitch relay etc over the summer. I think the delisting will come this week if not next, looks like will not need to exercise the options. As with any business the employees and customers need to have a knowlege and comfort with the owners, I'm not holding my breath for a massive outpouring of information but some basic questions to reinforce Bassinis credibility will need to be answered by him. If he's raised finance from investment banks he would need decent collateral to justify this as well as some sort of personal exposure and track record. If this is the case where is this track record and personal equity input and how was it raised from being bankrupt a couple of years ago, my only logical assumption would be inheritance, the alternatives do not bear thinking about. Because of the secretive nature of Jewish business circles, in fact the whole middle eastern/north african "family" business culture tends to hide a vast amount that should be open book I reckon we'll see very little in the public domain. What I want to be secure is a) any money invested is just that invested and not liable to be pulled at short notice, b) the money comes from legal and ethical earnings in line with Watfords family values c) investors will continue to support the watford way as laid out in Julian Winters business model. If there are third parties involved then Bassini has already lied and lost it with me. If I were a sun/mirror journalist I'd be knock knock knocking on Russos door for a story.

13. Norwayhornet

Yep thats what I thought the fact the russos have sold and stayed silent is .....interesting!

14. Norwayhornet

Watford FC owned by Mossad!!!! as a front for their black ops in europe , Mr Bassini instructed to buy a football club for this purpose!

Aberdude beat that !!!

15. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

No - it's too likely for it to interest Aberdude :)

16. Norwayhornet

you like the theory then Leo?<laugh>

17. Roowfc

Roowfc Member

Conspiracy theory wobby doesnt run full story but drips a bare minimum into the paper each week to keep selling copies. Also fails basic journalistic investigation- runs a story saying the trust are keeping their shares without mentioning that if basini gets to 90% he will compulsory aquire all of the shares!

Theres also been no mention of the various conditions attached to the bondholder agreement which would see the club revert to ashcrofts control- Bassini literaly cant put the club into administration/ liquidation!

18. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

If he saddles the club with several million more debt Roo then what is the position of the club then?

19. Norwayhornet

if thats the case and I hope it is ! it is a good protective back stop for us, but is it how baz thinks he will make money out of this!!