1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Consistency in goal is key!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by CumbrianTiger, Feb 28, 2011.

1. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

I hope Mannone is told he is our No1 and Guzan is sent back to Villa for good. Then it is key in the summer that we sort a permanent keeper in the summer. Consistency is key at the back and getting to know your back 5 inside out changing regularly causes nothing but confusion. Communication is key on a football field and even more paramount when playing in goal. Take the example from Saturday Gerrards back pass that was nearly VERY embarrassing I wouldn’t have blamed Gerrard as there was just no call from Guzan atall Gerrard was waiting for it. Even at the peak of the game look at Arsenal yesterday their constant changing of keepers came to hit them when it really hurt.

2. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

3. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

What about next season?

4. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

If he's with us, he'll be No.1

5. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

A bit early to start worrying about next season, I'm sure there'll be many changes between now and then and obviously we'd all like to see Mannone join on a permanent.

6. WithsHC

WithsHC Member

I can certainly see Mannone leaving in the summer it's just more a case of who he will go to if he continues to play well he may attract a bottom half PL team

7. prideofyorkshire

Judging by Scezney's (I know i've spelt that wrong...) shocker in the brum match yesterday Arsenal will surely want Mannone back come the summer? He looked like a completely different keeper to the Scezney that faced Barca. On a different note, watch your back Joe Hart, Ben Foster was cracking yesterday!

8. Robbierocket

Robbierocket Member

Am I right in thinking that Duke's contract comes to an end at the end of the season?

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

It does indeed.

10. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

<applaud>

11. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Hull want outright deal for Arsenal keeper Mannone(The People)

Hull City boss Nigel Pearson is keen to extend the stay of Arsenal goalkeeper Vito Mannone.

Mannone is on-loan at the KC to the end of the season and the People says Pearson wants to turn the move into a permanent transfer.

For his part, Mannone has spoken openly about staying with Hull beyond this season.

12. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

That's great if it's true, Mannone is a class act. As for Wscenscny or whatever his name is, I think he's class too, but the Arsenal defenders in front of him aren't that great, Kosceilny (sorry for the spelling again) was as much at fault for the goal as the keeper. Guzan deserves thanks for his time with us, I wouldn't knock him at all, but I'd take Mannone over him in goal any day.

13. Sagegee

Sagegee Active Member

I think it would indicate serious intention, if ,we were to bag Mannone as No.1, and, get Guzan as back up for him!!!
    The chances of that happening is?????? <cool>

14. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Mannone will not move to us on a prem from Arsenal, he is too good for that its just the facts. He might enjoy his time with us but if someone throws some money at him or a QPR or Cardiff who go up offer him a No1 slot in the prem we wont stand a chance. We should be more relaistic this is another Jon Greening rumour.