1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Congratulations from Swansea!

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Goodland, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Goodland

Goodland Member

Swansea fan in peace. Always liked your team, especially the prem years under Coppell.

After that play-off final last year, I (like a number of other Swans fans I know) have kept my fingers crossed that you would go one better this year. It was a hell of a game last year and the determination and skill you guys showed in that second half (good God that was the most painful 45 mins of my life!) was very impressive.

Even more than that, the class your players and fans showed in defeat was much appreciated.

After a ropey start to this season, it's taken a hell of a lot of character to turn it around and get promoted. Enjoy your celebrations. It may turn out that that extra year building will leave you stronger going into the Prem...

I hope you guys go the Norwich/Swans route of building on the squad that got you up rather than the QPR overhaul - your players have earned the right to be in the Prem and some of the ones you may think "he'll never make it" might surprise you. Leon Britton certainly did that for us (Rodgers will deny it, but he was all set to buy a replacement in Senna last summer...) and it's briliant to see.

Have fun!:laugh:

2. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Well done Reading.

There's no worse feeling than losing a play off final, we should know after losing on penalties to Barnsley.

Congratulations on your promotion, well done really happy for you.

3. PaGaNsWaN

PaGaNsWaN Active Member

I'll like to add my congratulation from another Swansea fan. I was hoping Reading would make the top flight after the cracking games we had last season including the nail biting play off. I for one have a great deal of respect for your team and manager and I suspect you'll do it the right way not the QPR way. Welcome back to the Prem!

4. swans-cartoonhead

swans-cartoonhead Well-Known Member

Congrats Reading - have a lot of time for your fans after the play off final last season - great bunch and still in touch with a couple of them. Looking foward to seeing you in the Premier League - will support you in every game but two! ;) <cheers>

5. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

Well done Reading!

6. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much!! Our play-off record is SO appalling, that I think when we sniffed just a whiff of autos Brian McDermott made a bolt for the door!

Congrats to Swansea also, continuing your attractive football without fear in the Premier, and so many people worldwide now taking notice!

7. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Well done Reading, as above it's good to see you've made it to the Premier League, especially after the Wembley game last May. Outstanding run of games in 2012. <applause>

8. pembs jack

pembs jack Active Member

Well done reading,welcome back

9. whitershadeofpale

Congratulations too from another Swans fan. I did genuinely feel sorry for Reading after last year's final and have been watching the last few months of continual progress up the table. Well done and good luck next year (until you play us of course)!

Living in Neath, my next door neighbor is 83 years old and is a staunch Reading fan, so he must be chuffed as well... we will both look forward to traveling up the M4 together for the game at your place!

10. jax the ripper

I would like to add my congratulations. After last years play off final I adopted Reading as my second team, so my beloved swans stay in the Prem and my second team will join them next season. All I need now for a perfect season is for Cardiff to lose to Blackpool, again, in the play off final.

11. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Great job. You gave us a hell of a game last season in the Final. Best day of my life as a Swans fan - probably the worst for you as Reading fans. Was chatting to some of your lot after the game and they were all superb and very gracious in defeat. Proper fans.

Now let's hope Cardiff screw up again in the playoffs and it's happy days! <laugh>

12. theTrinity

theTrinity New Member

Yet another Swans fan offering congratulations

13. SWANSMAN

SWANSMAN Member

I have been rooting for you guys all year after meeting loads of cracking fans at the playoffs last year... I remember saying to a group of lads at the time, that "today was not meant to be, but there will be another time" We went through heart ache losing to Barnsely in the play offs to go up to the championship a few years back, but after the win at wembley, i no longer cared and thought the ride had all been worth it... I am sure you guys don't even care about losing last year now.....

Good luck in Premier League next year and as some of the guys said above, truly hope you develop in the EPL the right way, by trusting the guys that brought you here and just strengthening where need be... <OK>

14. alswan

alswan Member

Another Swan wanting to echo all the above!
    See you next season!

15. UplandsTavernSwan

Well done Reading and what a way to exorcise the ghosts of last May. Enjoy a happy stress free May watching four other teams go through the agony. See you next season !

16. JackSwan

JackSwan Member

Congrats. New owner, new league. Look forward to next years games.:emoticon-0148-yes:

17. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Here here. Well done and good luck in the Prem next season

18. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

Many thanks for all your messages of congratulations.

You've been a revelation in the prem this year with the way you've played the game. If we can impress half as much as Swansea have I'd settle for that.

We're all still reeling from last night and its a great feeling.

Thanks again

19. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

And I echo the same as from my friend SuffolkRoyal ... all best for your run in, keep it up!

20. exiledswan

exiledswan Active Member

Well done to Reading, youve shown a lot of character to bounce back after last years play offs - i think that makes you our local derby!