1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Confidence shot

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Chris-Gashead, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

We have a bit of a problem here gasheads. We have lost our last couple and havent been convincing in any of those games. We have let in 10 goals in 3 games <grr>

This needs to be sorted and somehow Buckle needs to give the lads some confidence.

Unless Buckle gets in 2 new CB's, we are not going to win too many more games this season :emoticon-0101-sadsm

2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yup 10 goals let in 4 scored ****ing ****, 2 CB and a striker for me

3. Chris-Gashead

A striker would be nice in all I agree, but defence needed first. So pissed off with a **** defence!! We had one last year, and it appears we have one this year as well :(

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

dont worry lad, all will be forgotten after our next to games beating bradford and the bottlers <ok>

5. Chris-Gashead

I do know we will batter Shrewsbury, they are terrible :D

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

7. Chris-Gashead

Do you think we need new faces CJS or are you happy with what we have?

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

we need a new formation. playing 4-2-4 is not working. its leaving us short at the back. we need to be more cautious and not over commiting.

harrrrrrold and mcgleish should be up front on their own. zebroski on the bench with richards.

carayol and anyinsah in the wings. stanley and gill in the middle. brown or campbell on the bench.

brown and boateng full backs for me. boateng impressed in pre season. rather have him than anthony who has been poor this season.
    need bolger back in the middle. virgo/anthony on bench.

happy with bevan to be fair. cronin on bench.

we need in my opinion 1 cb to play along side bolger. we have a good squad.

please remember all through pre season we were all in agreement that the 1st 5 - 10 games we need patients as its not all going to click with 15/16 new players and manager and tactics etc. some are still finding their feet and gelling. we need to be reasonable with this. not many teams can start a campaign flying with this amount of new players. now most games we have performed really well. we just not been taking our chances. that has now dented the confidence of our front line. we need to be more cautious and not over commiting when going forward. we need to cut out the school boy mistakes at the back. and we need a little luck in front of goal. then the rest will happen.

9. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

I suggest you need a minimum of six players in the next transfer window. Clearly Buckle ain't got a clue! LOL.

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

your only 3 points above us. we both get the same result on saturday then we be overtaking you this time next week. i will remember to send a post card as im passing :)

11. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

You could well do.

The difference is, we haven't said we'd walk the league & pulverise teams here there & everywhere. Such silly things to say & when you start losing people will rejoice.. LOL.

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

well im very suprised you actually too us so seriously <whistle>

13. Chris-Gashead

The thing is CJS, people will look at our board and believe we actually believe what we are saying. It would appear to the outsider that we think we are Leeds lol

14. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

a little more humility and whistling to keep your spirits up would do wonders for the gas. your squad needs stengthening your team needs confidence and your morale lifted, i cannot see you getting much at bradford and the bottlers as you call us will be firing stoppers next tuesday, sadly you will not stop them. gobstoppers are a soothing comfort during troubled times

bantams 3-gas 0
    gas 1 shrews 3

you really ought to put all your energies in avoiding the drop

hints and tips from shrewsbury town the quiet team. floreat salopia , amwythig am byth, come on you shrews breath on em, and bring on the arsenal

15. Chris-Gashead

AJ you are gonna have it tough for next few games. I can see your lot getting hit for six against Rovers and again against Arsenal. It wont even be funny :(

16. atcham jack

what the gas need is a good long team bonding and morale improving session. dare i suggest buckle takes your lads out to badminton, kits them out with hobby horses and lets them loose on the cross country course, i feel sure that zebraowski and matti h may be favourites but after the squad have had a swift pint for morale at the fox hawkesbury upton, they can all travel back to the memorial ground in your luxury 1976 bedford coach fully match fit, do make sure buckle does the course as he is part of the bonding. just a suggestion, gas need to lift their heads a bit. neigh

17. atcham jack

i think chris you will find we have beaten most of the best ,witness gills away last saturday. there are a few useful journey men teams to play and then there is barnet hereford, gas and bradford the bargain basement brigade, still after the exhaustions of badminton the gas may be on an up, possibly assisted by don cameron

18. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0103-cool:With forty more games to go that matter, there is no reason to panic. Most clubs take a year to settle in a new league and that is with the main body of a team from the previous season. Gas have pretty much a team of players who have only played a few matches together, team play will improve the more they are together. It never was going to be easy at the start of the season. Unless Buckle has lost it overnight (which aint likely), he will sort things out. Mistakes made now will help resolve the problems and result in improvement in the long term.

19. Chris-Gashead

Well our CB's are supposed to be very good. Anthony has played in league above and Virgo has played for Celtic and was once worth £1.5m!!!! Unfortunately so far both have not been particularly good. Hopefully they come good and soon as I fear we could be too far from play offs come January if things dont sort themselves out, let alone top 3

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I hope we change the manager like they did as well....