1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coming Up on the Rail

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by BillysStatue, Mar 12, 2017.

1. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

We are now firmly into the business end of the season, and the fight for the playoffs is getting tight ... Leeds are well placed, but we really need some three-pointers to make sure of a top six finish ... our performances seem to have tightened up, with the players prepared to graft hard but avoiding taking risks ... it's almost as if the mentality is don't lose first, then let's see if we can nick something second

the Derby performance seems a distant memory now, and after that game it seemed Leeds had found their feet and would kick on, but it didn't happen ... the Derby game showed how effective we are when we get our wingers into space and running at defences, and our midfield pushes higher up the pitch ... it may be that there is a bit of nervousness among our players as they start to realise where they are and how close they are to achieveing something fantastic ... they certainly seem to be playing with a "don't fcuk it up now" mentality, and the pressure is doubling with every game

every season somebody makes a late run, and this season Fulham look like the team that's going to break into the playoff places at the final bend ... they have a very good team, they play good football and they are full of confidence ... their 4-1 thrashing of Newcastle at St James' says everything about their attitude ... someone is going to miss out as Fulham push on, and the Wendies look like a team that's lost confidence ... even with their 27 strikers they can't find consistency, and it's starting to pile the pressure on them

Preston are also on a run, and they have a chance of getting into the top six ... they are playing without fear and going for it every game, free of any pressure because they aren't expected to achieve anything ... Norwich look gone for all money now, and they don't look capable of getting any run going

Leeds and Reading have it all to do, with both clubs not quite building on their positions in the league ... the pressure of staying in the top six is starting to tell, and small margins ate deciding results now ... it's going to be exciting, that's for sure, and it's all to play for ... tense times ahead

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ristac and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  2. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Fulham beat the Geordies 3-1 mate, they missed a penalty at the death

3. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

What a shame geet. <laugh>

4. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

Every other fan is saying watch Fulham, yes we are playing well, but the teams we struggle against, are the teams like Blackburn etc, so a long way to go, but we are in the mix, that's it, April is horrible for us, but on our day we can beat anyone, and not on our day lose to anyone, at least it's very exciting

OLOF likes this.
  5. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My mate is a Fulham supporter, he told me weeks ago Fulham would make top 6 he said even when they lose points they have been looking good. I'm just hoping they are peaking too soon, going to be tight and interesting and can't see 6th spot being sorted until the final day of the season.

OLOF and fulham traveller like this.
  6. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

haha a Geordie mate text me the score, and he was at the game but immitated a Mackem fan and left when the third one went in ... as for excitement, it's fcuking evil having to go through these games now, and we're still nine games to go ... I hate the playoffs with a passion, they are nerve shredding and really a tough watch

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OLOF likes this.