1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Colkett recalled

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by The Great Gashead, Jan 5, 2017.

1. The Great Gashead

The Great Gashead Active Member

Charlie Colkett has been recalled from loan immediately.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  2. EGLL Gas

EGLL Gas Well-Known Member

Rumours are, that Chelski are letting Loftus-Cheek go out on loan, so Charlie will take his "squad" place, & probably because he wasn't playing regularly (what loan player does with us ?)

3. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Egell Gas if you are right about Loftus-Cheek what's the betting we are not considered a suitable club for him to come to.

Thank for all your efforts Charlie and all the best for your future career

Loftus - Cheek of to Brighton

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

From our OS...

Midfielder Charlie Colkett has been recalled from his loan spell at Rovers by his parent club Chelsea.

The young midfielder arrived at The Mem in September and made his debut in the 2-2 draw against Rochdale on 10th September.

He scored his first Rovers goal in the 1-1 draw against Bradford City just a week later and, in total, appeared in 10 league matches for Rovers.

Manager Darrell Clarke said today; “Charlie will be returning to Chelsea with our best wishes and thanks for his efforts whilst he has been with us. A popular member of the squad, I feel sure that he has the ability to forge a very good career in the game.”

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news...rlie-colkett-3502174.aspx#7Cy2jyWdtEm96Gjl.99

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Im gutted. I like this kid a lot but if he aint playing the games that Chelsea would be expecting him to play then its no surprise that he got recalled regardless of what excuse that Chelsea may give.

old timer likes this.
  6. old timer

Why when we get quality players like Colkett and Boateng in do we not play them, it is not going to be easy in the future to get young quality players in if their parent clubs look at the record of the players we have had this season

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Also DC was asked about our current loanee's after the game vs Charlton. He said we got Colkett for the whole season. So he obviously wasnt planning for this to happen. More work now for DC to get a replacement.

Why didnt we negotiate the deal to include a no recall clause? Stupid if you ask me.

8. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

He should have been a regular. But then we probably don't know the full story...

9. old timer

If he was here for the season but Chelsea were able to recall him it rather implies that we were not contributing to his wages, because Birmingham I think it was tried to recall a loan player and were unable to because the club he was loaned to were paying part or all of his wages

10. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Oh well at least Mansell and Lawrence are back now :emoticon-0148-yes:

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I would love to see Mansell run the middle of the park for us. But I think the his best has passed unfortunately. As for Lawrence, I am still struggling to understand why we signed him!

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

From the OS....

Earlier today it emerged that youngster Charlie Colkett has been recalled by his parent club, Chelsea F.C, with Darrell speaking highly of loanee's work ethic during his time at the club.

DC said: "Charlie started his loan spell very well with ourselves and had a little bit of a dip over the past few weeks, but I believe he played a fair amount of games, however, he has been recalled back and I wish him all the best because he is a fantastic lad and a credit to his football club. Charlie has a great attitude and I believe that if he can sort out his defensive duties, I think he can be a top-class player in the future. We're pleased to have played a small part in his development."

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news...hampton-town-3503313.aspx#xy9K0XCdWkrTGKMw.99

Reading between the lines and putting 2 and 2 together... I think Chelsea wanted him back as Colkett hadnt played enough for us. Why else would DC mention the amount of games? And to me, DC has stated why he hadnt been selecting Colkett, which is down to his defensive duties. Im not sure Chelsea would be impressed with that!

old timer likes this.
  13. old timer

Chelsea have also recalled Nathan Ake from Bournemouth, hope they don't recall Jake Salter-Clarke