1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Colin Sexstone

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by smhbcfc, Oct 11, 2011.

1. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

There have been a few posts on here and other sites slagging off Colin Sexstone.
    Can anyone tell me exactly what the guy has done wrong?
    SL owns and finances the club, so anyone who thinks the tightening of the purse strings was down to Sexstone is wrong.
    KM was appointed by SL - so can't blame him for that.
    Since being made Chairman in the summer the results have been awful - was that down to him?
    Are we just throwing brickbats at an easy target?:undecided:

2. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Yes, that is usually what you lot do isn't it?

3. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Colin Sexstone = no sense ie clot :biggrin:

4. Lan Logger

Lan Logger Well-Known Member

buckle out

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

boo...

6. smhbcfc

So apart from our friends in the Blue third of Bristol, not one reason so far?

7. pirate49

Forum Moderator

Cocked up at GCCC and then alienated North Somerset council over ground proposals......................................

8. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

For the life of me I cannot see what Sexstone brings to the club.

Is he the money man ? No.
    Has he invested loads of his own money in the club ? No (at least not that's been publicly stated)
    Is he an experienced football club chairman ? No
    Does he have a football background ? No
    Do you really believe he understands the club or the fans ? I don't

So for me it begs the quesion - WTF is he doing there ? Wouldn't it be logically more sensible for continuities sake to have Lansdown junior in place ? I'm sure he will be in the fullness of time and then 'Col' can be the Car Park Manager

9. pirate49

Forum Moderator

RAF and Colston's.......surely that's enough! :laugh:

10. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

My small experience of him is that he is incredibly arrogant and pompous and seems to show utter contempt for the fans. I can remember the platinum seating fiasco, where ST holders were turfed out of their seats with not so much as a bye or leave.

The supporters club were turfed out of the area allocated to them below the Dolman like dirty squatters and now apparently the club are demanding the legends club bar back after the supporters club have just spent their own time and money decorating the place.

I can also remember boatloads of letters in the EP complaining about his arrogant stance to everything when he was CEO at Glos CC. Many of our blue friends will tell you more about that.

This is why I worry that he does the initial transfer negotiations with player targets, he can have a very abrasive manner and you know how precious some players and agents can be.

In his defence he has always spoken very eloquently at the Council meetings for AV and seems to be becoming a bit more media savvy.

I wouldn't want to go out with the guy for a beer personally, but then again I dont think he would enjoy numerous Thatchers, A curry, then a lap dancing club till getting thrown out!

11. smhbcfc

This begs a question - do you want your CEO (I know he's Chairman in title) to be liked?
    My mate's a Norwich fan - he tells me the root of their success is their CEO called McNally - he cut his teeth working for Al Fayed at Harrod's and has turned Norwich from being "nice" to ruthless (see appointment of Lambert).

12. Angelicnumber16

Believe it or not, these are Sexstone's latest words of wisdom on the search for a manager......You couldn't make it up. Wakey wakey, weren't Tinnion and Millen cheap options FFS ?

It's a shame that the 'chairman' and the owner dont seem to talk to each other or watch what they are saying before releasing **** like this to the media because frankly it makes the club look stupid.

13. smhbcfc

I don't want to become the "Sexstone Fan Club" here, but isn't he right. If you appoint the wrong man it becomes an expensive appointment to the club in terms of player movement (in and out), even if that manager's wages are not high?

14. Angelicnumber16

Technically what he's saying is spot on and what I'm sure it's what most of us want to hear, but if the club are going to put out such statements then they could at least qualify it by recognising past failings even if it was a 'lesson learnt' and don't worry we won't fall into that trap again
    He makes it sound as though there has never been an issue with the 'cheap option' at the club, and there has. We've on;y just got rid of him !

15. TampaBayBCFC

TampaBayBCFC Active Member

I just don't see what Sexstone brings to the club. He strikes me as pompous and aloof. He claims that he is a "local boy" but I just don't see him as being passionate. He is more suited to cricket or maybe polo that football. At the end of the day, this would appear to be just another well paying job for him as to my knowledge he has no money invested in the club.

I have zero confidence in the dude.......

16. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

'I can remember the platinum seating fiasco, where ST holders were turfed out of their seats with not so much as a bye or leave'

One of them was yours truly and also dumped out of the Winterstoke road car park at the same time.

'but isn't he right. If you appoint the wrong man it becomes an expensive appointment to the club in terms of player movement'

Since when has stating the bleeding obvious been worthy of praise.

17. Mangadoogas

Mangadoogas Member

There are no guarantees when appointing a new manager. We wanted Trollope out like you did Millen.

I would have Trollope back now over the clown we've got.

By the way your Chairman is in the Prince of Wales, Westbury on Trym every saturday by 5.15 even on match days. He doesn't give a **** because he's paid well.

18. pirate49

Forum Moderator

'I would have Trollope back now over the clown we've got.'
    Like a shot! I think that he would have reflected upon the areas where he made mistakes,
    and been humble and intelligent enough to learn from them.
    This man........oh I'm getting angry again..........blood pressure.................****!

19. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

'By the way your Chairman is in the Prince of Wales, Westbury on Trym every saturday by 5.15 even on match days. He doesn't give a **** because he's paid well"

That can possibly be right, not on matchdays! there must be another bald fat bloke in a pinstripe suit living up that way.

20. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

49'nr,I know the feeling,Millen used to have that effect on me......