1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coles Leaves For Exeter

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by GASHEAD_87, Jun 11, 2011.

1. GASHEAD_87

GASHEAD_87 New Member

Just seen on the rovers site that Colesy has left for Exeter. Cant decide if im dissapointed or not as he floats in and out of games so often. Probably due to his inconsistency with fitness. At leasT there will be a free bed in the treatment room now!

Who would you bring in as a replacement or is cloughy ready to fill his boots?

UP THE GAS!!

** Im new to the forum so ignore the smiley in the title im not that overjoyed.Just didnt know what I was doing! **

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

all the best to coles but i am glad he has gone. he has become deadwood. he is one of the higher earners at the club reported to be on £3000 - £4000 a week which is high for league 2. he is injury prone and getting the best out of him will be hard now. good luck to him but i think this is good news. his wages alone could mean we could bring in 2 - 3 players who show more effort and fight for the club.

lines and blizzard next please :)

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

welcome by the way gashead87 <ok>

4. GASHEAD_87

GASHEAD_87 New Member

cheers cjs been visiting here for a while now since they closed bbc606. nice to be able to get involved with all the banter.

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Loyalty,you special blue few don't know the meaning of the word,throw a few promises and you lot will turn your back on anything or anyone...:emoticon-0112-wonde
    :emoticon-0117-talki:
    Memorial Stadium thats always been so welcoming flog it for a few bob...:emoticon-0104-surpr::emoticon-0112-wonde:Lines,Coles,Blizzard and Hughs,not so long back they were, Linesayeee,Coleseeeey and Geoffo,now get rid of them for a few bob...

Oh how the mighty have fallen,shallow,very shallow....:emoticon-0101-sadsm

6. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Well at least you've chosen an original name.

It will fit in well with Gasheads 1 thru 312.

7. GASHEAD_87

GASHEAD_87 New Member

Wow first post and it causes a stir! Firstly let's start with the loyalty comment! Bristol city fans went on about their 1million pound man at the time Mr lee trundle stating how great he was then slagged him off as he was sold! Lee johnson super signing wen he first signed apparently then as soon as things go wrong hes public enemy no1 made scapegoat for being the managers son! Need i go on? .....basso? Then onto my username...who gives a flying how unclever or unoriginal it is. Banksy your just using a famous fan and calling him a hero! what for claiming hes a fan? Wonder if hes got himself a season ticket? Maybe I should change my name to lordgeoffreyarcherisourhero....does that work?

8. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

cjs is a prime example of our discussion but welcome "gashead" 87....

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

care to explain?

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

all the best to coles but i am glad he has gone. he has become deadwood.
    good luck to him but i think this is good news.
    his wages alone could mean we could bring in 2 - 3 players who show more effort and fight for the club.
    lines and blizzard next please.

No,your own words are self explanatory..

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

what so i cant say im glad he has gone as he became deadwood but then say i wish him well though in his new job??

ohh, your having 1 of your days. im sorry.

12. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

'Loyalty,you special blue few don't know the meaning of the word,'

Oh oldboy.....you're on dodgy ground when you talk about loyalty!
    ASHTON GATE 8 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...or was that a different Bristol City? :cheesy:

13. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

How about dead wood,but it's good news 1 of our senior players is leaving,we will get rid of 1 man who is worth 2 or 3,and more of the same....

P49 what the hell has 1982 got to do with 2011 as regards the City and that was a 1982 management decision,not the fans choice,in your case it's the fans pissing all over your own team and it's,honestly disgusting the way you all cheer when they depart,just like the way agent Akinde suffered when you all turned on him.

When you are down,you are down thats you're only excuse,of course just my opinion but I have respected "gasheads" for so long but lately they seem to cling on to any thing and grasp at any excuse but they are not what they were,just an opinion..

14. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Good luck to Coles. On his day an absolute legend, but I'm sure that after the trauma of last season it's good all round that he moves on, gets a fresh start and we bring in some new faces.

15. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Banksy has been a regular season ticket holder at Ashton Gate.

FACT!

The name Gashead (pick a number) is as original as the name Pirate (pick a number)

FACT!

Geoffrey Archer is a cock!

FACT!

I love putting fact after a statement, it means that I am right and theres no argument about it

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

wiz, i dont agree with your point. as always i respect your opinion but i just cant agree. coles is past it. he has had a very poor season. he is injury prone. his wages are very high for a league 2 club. so obviously i am pleased he is gone. however good luck to him at exeter. just because he had a semi good season the year before and a good season before that, doesnt mean i or anyone else should be loyal now to him. an injury prone player on that wages in this league is good business to get rid, especially when his performances has been shocking and even offering to meet people in the car park who were not happy with his efforts! he is now deadwood in a rovers shirt same as lines and blizzard. however due to the times when he was good, i wish him well in his new job. if you dont get that then fine.

17. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Captain, my first post on the new 606, missed you towards the end of last season, curious to know where you disappered to, and the reason, explain.

18. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Alan,c'mon the "gasheads" got relegated and cjs got to busy to bother..:emoticon-0103-cool:

19. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

hi alan, i got banned. i sent a message to chris-gashead on our O/S to explain to him i was banned and he then posted a thread to rovers and city fans on 606 to explain and to say goodbye to everyone.

here you go, i found it http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A82686180

20. Alandicksthegreat

Alandicksthegreat Well-Known Member

Cheers Captain, missed that, don't know how, but i did, nice to have this new 606 to continue are banter and wums, lets hope its a good season for both.