1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Coleman vs Wenger

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Aug 24, 2016.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37179209

Latest comments from the Wales boss about Ramsey injury picked up playing for Arsenal. This isn't the first time he has made comments about Arsenal and Wenger has previously made comments about how Ramsey has been injured on international duty.

Is it the media looking for sound bites to continue the exchange of words or is this Coleman taking the chance to get one back at Wenger for his previous comments?

Who do you think has more right to be annoyed when a player reports back injured, the international team or club who pays the players wages? How do you think the relationship should work between international and club managers?

2. Smirnoffpriest

Smirnoffpriest Well-Known Member

I can understand Coleman's annoyance - but I think the real issue is much deeper. Ramsey didn't play since the Quarter finals, and while he had a tough summer - playing ever game in the Euro's - he didn't (at least I don't think) play ever friendly leading up to it. Other players who played in the Final of the tournament have played the 1st game and been fine. I think the deeper issue is how Arsenal have managed their players and prepared them for the season - it looks to me as though this is failing badly and left Ramsey (and others) under prepared, and this is why we suffer so many hamstring injuries and similar injuries. While other teams players seem to play for longer, have less rest yet get less injuries! (ignoring United's defence that had a horrendous injury record under Van Gaal)