1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Colback

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Ben 10, Dec 26, 2016.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Very poor. I couldn't really single him out last night as he was one of 10, 11 if you include Rafa. He just doesn't add anything. A magnolia player, never goes anywhere and plays basic passes that don't impact the game. Last night he was even struggling with those. Hayden was worse mind. Bar one or two good tackles he put us in all sorts of **** with conference level passing and awareness of when he was being closed down. Watching those two was very painful and a useful lesson of how far away we are from being sure of going up, and competing if we do.

General Lee Speaking likes this.
  2. PhilK

PhilK Active Member

Hating him is ridiculous. He contributed more last night than any other of the midfielders apart from Ritchie, who ran around in circles. yes, he was awful. and we need better. Diame though was just non-existent. Didn't bother his arse. Atsu and Mitrovic if on from start may have done something. But putting all the blame on Colback is unfair. No, he isn't the answer thats bloody plain. But ALL the others when told to rise to the occasion and take Shelvey's lead, failed and (literally in Diames case) HID
    And what happened to the Hayden who was getting better and better ? He's going backover now. As is Ritchie

3. LeazesParkProwler

LeazesParkProwler Active Member

I thought Colback's performance was shocking; he went missing from the off. Hayden was given far too much work to do and did a decent job in the first half before making an abundance of errors in the second. Anita was the only outfield player to do his job - he was neat and tidy as usual. All the other outfield players were shocking. Atsu did more in the 25 minutes he was on the pitch than Ritchie did in 96.
    Darlow made a series of great saves and good catches in the box - without him it could have been a hammering.
    Sadly, Rafa's performance was every bit as bad as most of the players. If ever a game required the presence of Mitro and Atsu, it was this one. I've given up on Perez, I've long since given up on Colback, I'm giving up on Dummett, and I'm beginning to lose patience with Ritchie and Lascelles.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
    Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  4. Warmir Pouchov

Diame, Dummett and Hayden were by far the players for me. Colback wasn't far behind with Gayle. Gayle has an excuse as he is a lightweight and will never cope with physicality. Ritchie would come into that 2nd band also as he well and truly ****ed over Anita last night.

5. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

For me last night proved that Darlow is a very good keeper, our back 4, Clark apart are crap with Lascelles playing at div 1 level. Why did we need 2 DM in a home game, For me that's Haydens job and Colback should be nowhere near the team.
    I would go 4-1-3-2
    DARLOW. YEDLIN. MBEMBA. CLARK. LAZZAR. HAYDEN RITCHIE, DIAME. ATSU. MITROVIC. GAYLE. Can't be any worse than yesterday.

6. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

I agree with everything in your post. But I'm starting to dislike colback. That sounds awful but let me explain why. This game was his opportunity to shine and he proper failed. He showed little intent and his work rate was awful. He just stood there in the centre circle and did **** all. I wouldn't mind if he had knocked his pan in and it just didn't happen but he clearly couldn't be bothered with it.

7. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

He certainly doesn't have the nous for the Premier League and he frequently looks bang average in the Championship. He doesn't tackle or even track players well, he doesn't pass well, he doesn't make forward runs much and he hardly ever scores or gets assists. You can't carry people like that in the side if you aspire to get promoted and survive in the Premier League.

8. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

That one was actually quite good for you. Made me chuckle. <ok>

The whole team were poor yesterday, bar Darlow, but Colback stood out for me as the most frustrating of the lot. Very poor. Without Shelvey we seem to lack any creativity.
    Atsu looked lively when he came on, I'd like to see him given more of a run out.
    Was shouting at Rafa to bring Mitro on as the game needed him once we went a goal down. Rafa put Perez on instead - another lightweight vs a physical ream.

9. Warmir Pouchov

Criminally poor decision. It's almost like when it's obvious and everyone is calling for it, he digs his heels in. Weird as it ****ed us over. Loathe to criticise him too much as he is the right man but he does make some basic errors at times.

10. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

12. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Jose is quite photogenic....

please log in to view this image

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  13. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

This **** needs selling this month after that shower of ****e performance. Absolutely reckless and needless foul for their goal, never likely to get the ball, I'm pleased Rafa hauled him off not long after. He needs replacing with someone who can bring us some much needed creativity and drive.

Ginger Pirlo my ****ing arse!

Sheikh_of_Araby and rooch 3 like this.
  14. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Him and Hayden have to be the worst CM pairing the club has had since the Ardiles days. Though to be fair it probably is the worst team we've had since then.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  15. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Someone needs to snap that useless ginger ****. I ****ing hate him. What a stupid ****ing tackle.

cronemeister and rooch 3 like this.
  16. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

All I have to say is we did warn you when you signed him.

Obi Wan and Sheikh_of_Araby like this.
  17. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Nah, bad as it is, it's not as bad as the Butt/Parker partnership Roeder always used to insist on playing, or Butt and Geremi that Allardyce used to swear by....and anything involving Amdy Faye from the Souness days.

18. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

Why has Colback got SO bad?

19. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

Aye, I remember it well. Most here brushed it off as 'sour grapes' but I guess you guys are having the last laugh on this one. He is dire.

20. Washysafc

Washysafc Well-Known Member

Just wish we got the £5m we were told he was worth!