1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cody McDonald

Discussion in 'Coventry City' started by alwaysright, Sep 1, 2011.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I hear you lucky b******* have just got Cody McDonald. Great piece of business. He is real quality. The Norich fans love him - but not as much as Gillingham fans - 25 goals in 41 games last season ( on loan .)
    He will work and work - and give him a half decent pass in the same half of the pitch as him and he WILL score ! ENJOY.

2. grumpy old grandpa

He still won't score enough goals this season to keep the Chavs in the championship

3. 1950canary

1950canary Well-Known Member

A more realistic assessment from Norwich. He scored goals for fun in non league football and was was bought by Norwich when we were in the Championship. Played a few games but little impact. We were relegated to Div 1 where he played a few games but little impact. Paul Lambert obviously saw something in him and gave him a new contract the following season when we were promoted back to the Championship and loaned him out to Gillingham in Div 2 where he scored goals for fun. We are now in the Premiership and Lambert decided that he wasn't up to it and made him available for transfer with one year left on his contract. Fans like him because of his non stop running but his goal scoring record above Div 2 is not great. Hard working striker looking for goal scoring opportunities or player with ' headless chicken ' syndrome? Striker who will only score in the lower divisions or a true striker looking for the right club and opportunity? You decide!!

4. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

You have got yourself a good player in Cody.

5. SUPERNORWICH 23

SUPERNORWICH 23 SUPERNORWICH

He is good enough for Cov, and a much nicer bloke than Marlon bloody King

6. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see if he scores many for you. With us last season, Akinfenwa made a lot of his chances. If I'm honest I think he may struggle to score that many in your division, as I always thought he is a bit of an Andy Cole type i,e. misses quite a few but still scores. Don't know if he will be able to get away with that in the championship. If he can't cut it, we'll have him back on loan at Christmas.