1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cody Mcdonald is on his way

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Gills-Prog-seller, Jul 27, 2011.

1. brb

brb Guest

Where have you been all day, shall we start this debate all over again! <laugh><ok>

2. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

yes sorry brb, i knew cody was available, but just saw that these others were as well...hence my post!<wah>...don't start:emoticon-0113-sleep

only thing with what PROG- SELLER has said is if he was offered a new deal by norwich...why is he transfer-listed?:emoticon-0108-speec

3. brb

brb Guest

gills,oxon - no probs, I actually thought you was joining in the wind up with that post for a minute <ok>
    as for prog seller he says lots of things, so something will be right through the law of averages eventually <laugh>

Ok, so let's get the rumours going again, note the last line of this report...

http://www.ciderspace.co.uk/ASP/news/news.asp?NewsItemId=15326

4. gills4everandaday

how dare you brb<ok>, on the wind up at a time like this...when we have no strikers of note<yikes>

on a serious note would top draw if we could do somethimg regards cody?

IN SCALLY & HESS WE BELIEVE:smiley-finger007:

5. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

McNamme, interesting but dont think he'll drop to league 2. trouble is the money, we have none left simpled as

6. devonblue

devonblue Member

Wycombe fan in peace. Just wanted to say good luck for the new season. I know a couple of Gills fans who agree we are similar size clubs, constantly up against the big London clubs. Some of your play was good last season and it would be good to see you do well this year.

7. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Nouble was on loan with us last season, he's kack!

8. GFCSTU

GFCSTU Member

gills prog seller. Norwich are not giving Cody a 2 or 3 year contract they have released him along with 5 other players. I would love to see him back but I do not see how it will happen. The best I feel that the best that could happen is a sort term loan deal of 6 months.

I do however feel that another club at a higher level will take him on. The only advantage we have is that he enjoyed his time with us and our relationship with Norwich. Now we have lost two other strikers a replacement must take a priority. Cody without doubt is my first choice (even to January) but there are others out there.

UTG!!

9. GillinghamLAD

GillinghamLAD Member

They haven't released him GFCSTU, they just haven't included him in the 25 man squad they have produced to the Premier League. Basically means if he goes nowhere he can't play for the first team, just ressie games.

I can't see him coming back myself either. If he has proven himself here in League 2 already, Norwich will surely want to loan him to a higher division to increase his worth more.

10. gills4everandaday

gillinghamlad, mcdonald is not apart of any plans regards norwich and neither are any of the other five...lambert wants them off the norwich wage bill!...hence...they will be out of that club in the next few weeks?
    plus norwich don't even intend playing them in the reserves team either...what does that tell you!

as for increase cody's worth in a higher division, don't you think £550,000 is high enough?...division two or whatever level!

so on that we would stand a chance regards mcdonald, but don't have the funds for this good a player...so highly unlikely?

11. BSG

BSG Well-Known Member

No, no, no, no, no. Why does everbody keep coming back to Dickson, he had one good spell with us and did nothing everywhere else he went, and during a second loan spell with us... He simply isn't good enough!

12. GillinghamLAD

GillinghamLAD Member

13. brb

brb Guest

please log in to view this image

<laugh>

14. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

Cody coming back is about as unlikely as us signing Whelpdale and Lee..............Oh,hold on a minute

15. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

If everyone else's winning frequency is the same as mine better for 5000 fans to put up £10 each. With a bit of negotiation that would probably be enough to buy him from Norwich and pay his wages for a 3 year contract.

The great unknown is Norwich's real standpoint. £500k is silly. No disrespect to Cody, but how much is a proven L2 striker worth? Because that's what he is at the moment. If he's playing in Norwich's reserves he's not going to get the exposure, so his value is going to go down, not up. Any player nearing the end of his contract is going to worth less, especially if he's not wanted by his existing club. But if the reports are correct that they want him off the books they're not doing a great deal to facilitate that by asking a realistic selling price.

If he really want to endear himself to Gills, he should see out his contract with Norwich and then sign for us on a free at the end of next season. If we can get him on loan inbetween that would be a real bonus.

16. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

um dont think £50K would be enough to buy him let alone pay his wages for 3 years sorry :p

the only way we are going to get him realistically is on loan and to do that we need to send some of our players out on loan. send the youngsters out plus maybe even martin as jackman seems to be ahead of him now and we'd have frampton as immediate cover with king stepping in at cb. sure theres a few midfielders that can go as well as we need players to be mathc fit when they come back espically if were not in the reserve league this year

17. itstimupnorth

itstimupnorth Well-Known Member

:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

No excuses other than total brain-fade. Definitely a proposal to forget!!!

Guess it's revert to plan A (or 50,000 to stump up a tenner)

18. Inthebook

Inthebook New Member

Rumours West Ham are in for him. Maybe Hendon could have a word a loan him back to us

19. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Prog seller exclusives. Iffy and Cody returning. Hmmm.

20. jokeykid(606)

jokeykid(606) Member

if this it true it would be the best thing that could happen. hammers get a promising youngster on the cheap(ish) by their standards and we get a great chance of getting him back on loan. presuming they arent going to be starting him.