1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club statement: Ticket scam

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Club statement:

We have been very disappointed to learn that some unscrupulous so called Bristol Rovers supporters fans are telling the club that their season tickets have not arrived and then selling them off once a replacement pack has been sent out.

We would like to remind all of our loyal supporters that they must bring their season ticket to every League game.

The turnstile operator will then take out the voucher from the season ticket book, rather than allow supporters to present them with the voucher only.

Anyone turning up with just the voucher will be refused entry. If the season ticket book does not have an inlet then they will be directed to the ticket office.

The Club needs to tighten up processes to prevent some so called fans from operating this scam and depriving the club of revenue.

We regret having to take this course of action but feel certain that every true Bristol Rovers Supporter will understand the reason behind it and we would like to thank you all in advance for your co-operation.

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/2017/july/ticketscam/

2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

On twitter there are quite a few gasheads condoning the actions of the scammers suggesting its Rovers own fault because we have an outdated ticket system or complaining about the prices. Prices may be high and the ticketing system may be bad but that shouldnt make it right for anyone to scam the club like this, claiming they not received their season ticket when they really have and then selling it on when they get a replacement season ticket.

Yes, if someone has a ticket for a game and then cant go and they sell it on then fair enough. Club still gets paid anyway. But to lie to the club saying they havent received their season ticket when they have, just so they can get another season ticket for free and then sell it themselves is pretty embarrassing and I just cant believe that some have condoned these actions.

3. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? Surely the replacement tickets will also be in a book!!

4. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

"On twitter there are quite a few gasheads condoning the actions of the scammers suggesting its Rovers own fault because we have an outdated ticket system or complaining about the prices"

And probably some of those utter tosspots over on Gaschat do as well <grr>

5. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Can I suggest that in the future the club charge extra for postage and send them out REGISTERED post and that way you have to sign for the package or envelope or that the name of the ticket holder is put on the ticket with a number that is only applicable to the person buying the season ticket and hopefully that would stop all future fraudulent actions in this way

6. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

I remember back in the seventies when I was a little strapped for cash I used to scramble up and over the old fenced gate that used to be down to the right at the back of the Tote, the coppers used to turn a bind eye to these shennanigans in those days and in fact one caught me once straddled over the top rail, his comment was just this " Are you coming in or going out " to which I replied "coming in officer"..."well bloody well get in then" he retorted !!...

Stollie and Gasheadseamge79 like this.