1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club Statement:Stale Solbakken Appointed New Boss

Discussion in 'Wolves' started by hedgeworth, May 11, 2012.

1. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

2. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Overall i am thinking of this as a positive step forward.

Fear we would keep TC as manager or maybe even get someone in like Megson was starting to get me down and now we seem to have taken a risk with a young foreign manager who has had success during most his managerial career.

Will be interesting to see who he lets go and brings in pre season and if he can try and get us playing a more attractive style of football.

3. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

No surprise to see Wolves appoint a new manager.

Do you think it was wrong to get rid of Mick at the time and do you think you could have stayed up if you never sacked him?

4. hedgeworth

hedgeworth Active Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep was a mistake to sack him at that time, the fact we didn't get an experienced manager to come in as well was also a contributing factor and should have either sacked him in early Jan or left him till the end of the season..

Saying that i am not sure if staying with Mick would have kept us up this time round.

5. Neilynotquite

Neilynotquite Member

As you say, in some ways it's a clever appointment. He's not Terry Connor and he's not Gary Megson. Most Wolves fans like myself won't know him from Adam so won't have any preconceptions and will just want to get behind the team without the poisonous divisions of this season. The first question for me is "can he organise a defence?"
    However, it is high risk as he's got virtually no experience of English football. As long as we make a reasonable start I suspect the supporters will have some patience, but if he starts badly the knives will be out again for Morgan and Moxey and things could get ugly again very quickly.
    I think it's a brave appointment by Morgan. Let's hope it's an inspired one.