1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Club badge

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by valjing, May 4, 2011.

1. valjing

valjing Member

Does anyone remember the old club badge,and would they prefer,than the lopsided
    FFC,personally i would.any idea why we changed.

2. rocky57

rocky57 Member

You may remember I brought this up some time ago. I've always thought the FFC badge looks like the winner of a competition for young children. I'm not knocking its simplicity, for example the Wolves badge is a very effective design, but the FFC looks amateurish to me. I seem to recall we discarded the old borough badge when Mo fell out with Hammersmith & Fulham over something.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I've got used to the new badge now, having been strongly opposed to the change when it happened.

My recollection is that, rather than being motivated by clashes with the council, it came about from some market research that showed lots of non-Fulham fans didn't recognise it as the Fulham badge when they saw it. The new design was about branding the club and having a recognisable, promotable image for marketing purposes. I have to admit, if that is the criteria, it's a successful design: one of the more instantly identifiable badges in the Premier League. I did think the old badge had a certain style and class though. And - important point - it actually looks like a football club badge.

4. RobespierreFFC

Agree with captain about how recognisable the club badge is. As it was only introduced in 2001, I was very young at the time so didn't particularly bother me but can understand why fans of the club from long before Al-Fayed might not have been keen on the change. As rocky said though it does have a young children's competition look about it in some ways, though I think it suits our current home kit quite nicely.

5. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

I personally hate the club badge. It is distinctive n the wrong way. I do not want my club to be linked to such a bdage. surely they can do better?

6. rocky57

rocky57 Member

Quite right Gilly.

7. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

The new badge isn't my favourite I have to admit. In fact I still wear my hat with the old badge on it whenever I go as I just think it looks much more classy.