1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Close Season Rumours

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Whitejock, May 1, 2017.

1. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Lindsay is 21 & 6'4". You never know how anyone is going to adapt. I actually liked Erwin, but think we tried him a year or two too early. Confidence is such a big thing with a striker, and it has a close association with playing regularly. Not so sure it's such a critical issue with CBs.

BBC article from last night is an interesting quick read .... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39887625

2. Whitejock

3. Whitejock

4. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

Sounds like Luke Garbutt will be available this summer. Would he be worth bringing back? I do confess to not really following his progress too much.

5. Whitejock

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  6. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lots of Twitter talk linking us with a 4m move to bring Howson back.

7. Josh-LUFC

Personally just cannot see it happening. Its a big fee for what we'd be looking at.

Not saying it would be a bad thing, could easily take Hernandez's position in the team (if he still plays there for Norwich, my understanding is he plays a more reserved role these days) although could we get better for that price in that position? but if its in place of one of Bridcutt, O'Kane, Vieira, Phillips I'm not sure we should be looking at him. Need a more physical presence in there if we are to replace one of those.

8. Whitejock

I'm inclined to agree. QQ4U - do you think Berardi could be the DM we're looking for? I know it won't happen, but IMO he's the closest thing we've had to Batty since he retired. He can turn a match with a tackle or confrontation - and has done! :D

9. Josh-LUFC

Its an interesting one, definitely think it'd be worth giving him a go there. He's actually quite good in the air too and have often thought he'd be pretty capable playing as part of a back 3. Doesn't get forward as well as other full backs but is still comfortable with the ball at his feet. It all comes down to how well he'd understand the positional side of the role imo. because the really great DMs mostly do their job just through interceptions and positional play (Kante is a wonderful example). I really think you'd need a good ball player next to him if you were to do it.

10. Whitejock

I think that's a first class summary. Btw, not sure if you're aware, but he played as part of a back 3 a few games ago. We were surprised when Ayling went off instead of him. Did ok.

11. Josh-LUFC

I'm seeing in a lot of places that we are going to try and get hadi sacko back either on loan again or permanently.

Personally, I know he wasn't good enough throughout the whole season but I think I saw enough to suggest he is going to improve, probably quite dramatically imo. I think its a good idea but we should also look to get two new wingers in as well.

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  12. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

League One outfit Charlton are interested in bringing Leeds striker Lee Erwin to the Valley, according to a report

13. Josh-LUFC

Completely forgot he was still on the books

14. Josh-LUFC

Hearing that Yanic Wildschut is going to be available from Norwich just 6 months after they bought him for 7m. Sounds like they are willing to sell for less than half that price as well.

Considering they bought and sold Sergi Canos (who is absolutely excellent) in pretty much the exact same way is it worth a thought? He's a left winger and 25 years old, been very effective in this league for Wigan particularly.

15. Whitejock

16. Josh-LUFC

17. ellandback

ellandback Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Would imagine 5 or 6m

18. ristac

ristac Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Today there have been claims in the Dutch media that Leeds United are showing an interest in FC Twente midfielder Mateusz Klich

19. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

Sorry dont think howson is worth 4m we should not be going for players that other teams reject and pay over the odds for them

Whitejock likes this.
  20. sniffer1

sniffer1 Well-Known Member

looked at lee griffiths record he played at wolves for 3 years but only had 18 appearances in the league he was 20-23 years old when he played there , and has 1.5 goals per game which is not bad , but i would question only 18 appearances for wolves in league in 3 years ?, but he has a good goal ratio to matches at celtic playinfg against less opposition than championship thats why really i am looking at his wolves record but if we do take him i dont think we should pay alot as he is still a gamble the most i would go to 1.5 million and i would even link to that that he has to score 25 goals in a season for the next 3 seasons to get that fee if he does not then celtic get half that fee