1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Claudio with a subtle message for N'Golo Kante (brilliant!)

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by FosseFilberto, Sep 19, 2016.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

.. subtle yet brutal <laugh>

Leicester news conference
    EFL Cup, Leicester v Chelsea (Tues, 19:45 BST)
    Posted at13:33
    Leicester City will meet an old friend when they take on Chelsea in the EFL Cup, namely one N'Golo Kante, who was so instrumental in their Premier League triumph last season.
    So how does Foxes manager Claudio Ranieri think the reunion will go? "I’ll give him a very warm welcome. I’m sure our fans must appreciate what he did last season and give a warm welcome back.
    "N’Golo was very important for us. Maybe more important for us than Chelsea as they have so many defensive midfielders."
    please log in to view this image

Getty Images

2. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Acording to reports on certain social media at the weekend, Kanté is a bit peeved his new teammates don't work as hard as his old ones & expect him to do all of the hard work.

stevefox likes this.
  3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Lets buy him back for £15m in January after he has a bust up with Luiz <ok>

I'd take him back in a heartbeat, but i don't expect him to get a good reception wednesday seeming hes the only one to have jump ship in the summer. If he wanted the Leicester fans to respect him, then he would have listened to Claudio when he asked the players for 1 more season.

4. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

If he plays, I for one will stand up and applaud him. He is ONE of the dream team that WON the Premier League.

5. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Whole hearted agreement... little man was sensational ... (not too displeased to hear he's a little pissed off with his new team mates mind) ... :)

6. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

For me he deserves neither booing nor applauding. He was a hero for last season but as mentioned above, he is the only one to jump ship and has seemingly been quite disrespectful about it. Didn't he need prompting to make a belated statement thanking Leicester after he moved after completely blanking the club at first. It works both ways, he helped the club to our greatest achievement but we've made his career really. So yes, indifference from me

Jack Lesterfan likes this.
  7. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... we'll all have different views ... it seems readily apparent, in hindight, that he came to us to use us as a shop window (calculated risk) for a move to one of the EPL 'giants' ... his agent may well have been busy 'oiling those wheels' from the very start, for all we know ...

...but what a fookin shop window shift he put in ... neither he nor us could have envisaged the season that he would hugely contribute to ... the perfect storm ... we are now famous for our exploits around the globe ... we weren't when he joined ... the 'miraculous escape' certainly raised our profile in footballing circles ... but what we did last season now even has Hollywood on alert ...

... perhaps it's because I'm in my mid-fifties and have witnessed more dross than golden moments in my lifetime supporting the City ... but I can't find it in me to be disingenuous to a man who was a huge part of making my wildest dream (more like fantasy <laugh>) come true ... his only crime is that he felt he was making a better career choice (that remains to be seen) ... there was no malice and therefore for me, no disrespect, in his decision ...

Our problem is that our own love and passion for our team goes beyond 'rational' thought <ok>

8. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

I will not be applauding him, but also will not boo him ! did well for us but did not like the way he left.

9. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'm quite happy to give him a ripple of applause when his name is read out but I won't be cheering his every touch.

He definitely did turn his back on us in favour of money. It's such a shame that he went but it grates with me that he didn't pursue a bigger club in a better position and that he stayed in England.

He could have gone to a club like PSG and had a chance of playing for the Champions League title. I bet even sides like Real Madrid would have had him for a measly 30m.

leicester_ed and stevefox like this.