1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Claudio Ranieri :-(

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by WINDYROG, Feb 24, 2017.

1. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

As a neutral I was captivated by the way that Claudio Ranieri had transformed a team of, at best, average players, journeymen and one trick ponies into a team of Premier League champions.

For them to repeat such a performance was always going to be beyond them and they have struggled. However to treat Claudio Ranieri in such a way is absolutely shameful after the gift he gave Leicester.

I now truly feel that the owners should be rewarded in only one way for this action and that is for the club to be relegated at the end of the season. Loyalty and achievement should also be rewarded with loyalty, something sadly lacking in today's society it seems.

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I think we're about to receive our 'reward ' for what we did to Martin Allen a few months after Gills were crowned as divisional champions.
    I agree with brb - MA had / has his faults ** - but - I doubt that Gills would be in our current predicament if Allen was still in charge.

** I also agree with brb when he admits to having faults !<cheers>

3. WINDYROG

........but you would, being always right :)

4. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Don't feel too sorry for Ranieri. He will have a massive payoff and will always be remembered for winning the premiership for Leiester.

5. WINDYROG

It's not and shouldn't all be about money.................... :emoticon-0121-angry:emoticon-0121-angry:emoticon-0121-angry

6. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

I can understand why people have sympathy with Ranieri, but I also know from what happened with us and Stimson that you have to weald the axe eventually, in our case we left it too late, MA was because Scally didn't want to repeat the mistake.

7. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

If he'd only scraped into Europe, then their expectations would not have been quite as high, and he might still have had a job.

8. WINDYROG

I don't think you can compare Stimson and Ranieri. Gills were ill equipped to compete in the next division with the team he had and with no away wins all season he paid the price for relegation.

Ranieri changed a team from potential relegation candidates into the best in the land and has been treated abominably. The bulk of the responsibility lies with the team who probably have an inbuilt arrogance and swagger following last season's exploits.

They lost Kante, Mahrez has gone awol (on the pitch) and Vardy's one trick party piece has been sussed out and nullified (if a good forward he could and should have bounced back by now).

Leaving it to the manager is a cop out....a bit like blaming our manager for JET's lazy and couldn't care less displays.

Sorry, in my own honest opinion the sacking of Ranieri just about sums up what is rotten about the beautiful game in the UK today. :-(

9. brb

brb CR250

I don't believe the Ranieri sacking had anything to do with football in the true sense. Our game is now controlled and and tarnished by people with other money making games in mind, much larger than the beautiful game itself.