1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Claude Puel

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fatletiss, Feb 27, 2017.

1. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Who is in the other semi?

2. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

Hartley Wintney v AFC Bournemouth. (The latter obviously being the youth players from the Premier League team as opposed to the Poppies.)

3. fatletiss

Thanks. Poppies still going? I didn't realise that Hartley Witney had a team at a decent level.

I was jinxed by the Hampshire Cup Final

4. Ian Thumwood

There were in the Wessex League a few seasons ago when we beat them and I think they are still in the same Sydenhams league. I was surprised that Harley Wintney had progressed but they play in a different league fir teams in the North of the county and in to Surrey. They beat Totton in the previous round, I believe.

Last season Winchester lost to Havant & Waterlooville on penalties in the final - quite an achievement because of the (then) two league difference between the teams,

5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

United will love this fixture congestion. Would just love it for a team like Celta to dump them out in the semis of the EL.

6. steve79

steve79 Well-Known Member

In what way did puel treat fonte badly? None of us really know what went on but lets still post on a forum about puel treating fonte bad anyway .people posting rumours as facts is slightly annoying

7. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

According to MLT [who isn't the gospel, I'm just saying], Fonte wasn't the best behaved after he returned from the Euro Championship. But maybe something provoked him. Who knows.? He'd been a good servant to the club, but he'd been well paid too.

Anyway, in comparison, Cedric's behaviour appears to have been exemplary. That's just my opinion, but what do I know.

8. steve79

steve79 Well-Known Member

I was more pointing out that the poster said puel treated fonte pretty badly when none of us know how puel treated jose.but i get what you are saying.

TheSecondStain likes this.
  9. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

This said poster, has had an agenda against Puel since we appointed him...

10. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

No ****? I hadn't noticed. Prat

11. SaintsFan86

Did that make you feel better? Insulting me.

12. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

There seem to be a lot of personal insults flying about on this site lately and I wonder whether we are metamorphosing into SW which we all enjoy mocking. It got so bad the other day that even I apologised and that has never been heard of before.

13. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

I read that as Lambo insulting the original poster, not you, SF86...

fatletiss likes this.
  14. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

That's what I thought as well.

15. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

The rotation policy that got a team without an in form striker to Wembley you mean?

Saints_Alive and Saints Fan4Life like this.
  16. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Please don't do that again.

Saint Helen likes this.
  17. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Just added a bit there for you [emoji16](mobile app won't let me do bold so sorry for the Caps Lock/Shouting)

18. fatletiss

What happened to H&W this season?

I remember watching my first Hampshire Cup Final at The Dell..... Dennis Wise played for Saints. I'd guess at about 1983 ish.

I was involved in three Hampshire Cup Finals. First one at the Dell, I was dropped for the final having gone on a bit of a lean spell in front of goal, but for in for the last 10 minutes on the hallowed turf (I was top scorer but not scored in about 8 games!); second one the following season was at Fratton Park and I pulled my quad two nights before in training; then finally two years after Fratton, I scored the winner in the semi-final having come on as a sub, but was dropped for the final at The Dell - not even in the bench. It was at The Dell, so I still out the boots on and went out for the ore-match warm up and went in goal at half time to warm up the subs.

19. SaintsFan86

Well if that is the case, i rescind my comment and apolagise.
    Don't make it out like i'm being daft, as it hardly read that way in my mind.
    Still you know him better than i do, so it's hard to get the context in which
    way it is being said.

20. Ian Thumwood

FLT

The most interesting aspect of watching Winchester play at St Mary's was the fatiguing impact of playing on a larger pitch and against high level opposition. By mid-way through the second half, the Winchester players looked very tired and it was a marked contrast to watching a professional team who can last the full 90 minutes and then step up a gear in injury time if necessary. On the day, Winchester player well and featured some extremely accomplished players. There are aspects of the non-league game which make an interesting contrast to following football at Premier League level but this is the first time I had seen Winchester so warn out after their efforts. Seeing another team you follow in the familiar surroundings of St Mary's is a fascinating experience and it did make me appreciate the stamina levels of professional players afterwards whereas this was not so apparent playing more familiar, amateur opposition. One of the players was subsequently transferred to Gosport after a lot of conjecture about interest from clubs such as Notts County , Portsmouth and , I believe, Reading and although he was the fan's favourite, I didn't realise how small he was in comparison with the players of H&WFC who I believe were professional last season.