1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chris Lines signs new contract

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Midfielder Chris Lines today signed a new contract to extend his stay with his hometown club.

Since returning to The Mem for his second spell with Rovers, in March 2015, Chris has become an integral member of the side and this season, in particular, has been very influential in the middle of the park.

Manager Darrell Clarke said; “Whilst we still have ten games of the current season remaining, we have to look to the future and begin our planning for the 2017/18 campaign. Chris has put in some outstanding performances for us this season and I have been impressed with his consistency levels and his work rate. He is a very intelligent footballer and I am delighted that he has decided to extend his time with the club.”

Chris had this to say after putting pen to paper; “It’s always nice to get your contract sorted out before the end of the season and I honestly say that it’s a great feeling and I’m happy to be staying. I signed a new one year contract last season and realised that this was going to be an important one for me. It was important to show I could still play at this level and I think I’ve done that and maybe more. It’s been a great season so far and I can now look forward to next season as well as the final ten games of this campaign.”

Chris has appeared in all but two of our 36 league games this season and the three goals he has scored include a spectacular strike against Cardiff City in the EFL Cup last August, which earned the club a visit to Chelsea in the second round of the competition.

In line with club policy, the length of Chris’ new contract will not be disclosed.

http://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news...nds-his-stay-3612554.aspx#fHeHKHoGyU0RgvcB.99

Gasheadseamge79 likes this.
  2. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Great news!

4. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think he's here to stay for the remainder of his career

5. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member