1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chris Baird hits back at former Fulham boss Mark Hughes

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Not606 News Team, Jul 4, 2011.

1. Not606 News Team

Fulham's Chris Baird has rejected the suggestion of his former boss Mark Hughes that the club lack ambition.

Hughes made the claim when he quit Craven Cottage last month.

But the Northern Ireland international says he was shocked by Hughes' exit and the reasons given for this departure after just one season in charge.

The former Manchester City manager's agent Kia Joorabchian said there was a lack of vision at the club. But Baird has now responded to that.

The former Southampton youngster, who signed in 2007 for £3 million, said: "That's Mark's opinion and he's entitled to it - but it's not one I share.

"In fact, we had a good season. We finished eighth and qualified for the Europa League again.

"We've been to the final of the competition already and been seventh since I've been here - the highest yet for the club.

"That sounds like ambitious to me."

2. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Well done Bairdy - glad you have said it how it is

3. RobespierreFFC

Very much agree. Look at this way, chris baird has a job as a versatile defender in a top half premier league which competes in Europe. Mark Hughes is an unemployed football manager who was indeed the man who once paid £24m to sign Joleon Lescott. Enough said!

4. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Yes indeed - yet another reason to like Chris Baird - he takes his commitment to FFC seriously!!!
    (And not forgetting that his brace at Stoke was our turnaround point).

MH was in a good position to develop his career a dn maybe move on in a year's time, not to bale out on the basis of his advisor's view. but then again anyone being advised by Kia Joorabchian is hardly likely to cover themselves in glory.

COYW

5. frogman27

frogman27 Member

For all of Mark Hughes personality issues I felt he was a fairly intelligent man, but finding out that he has Kia Joorabchian as his agent says all i need to know about the guy .................... in it for the money !! Shame really, the guy has a lot of potential.

6. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

QFT. Nice one Bairdinho.