1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chopra

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Bejewelled, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Bejewelled

Bejewelled Member

Thought u said chops was signing on the dotted line today? Every day I look to c if we.re signing anyone n everydsy left disapointed. Our squad gettin smaller by the day n still no new additions. I know we have to be patient but just 1 signin would be good.....

2. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

How do you feel about Chopra (if he does sign)?

From what I have seen over the years he starts at a new club 'on fire' and after some time starts to fade away as if he has lost interest and needs a new challenge.

I think most Cardiff fans would back that viewpoint.

3. TractorBoyTuck

I'd take Chopra, even if it was just for the blazing start. That said, he has never looked great in the Premiership, so maybe it wouldn't be the end of the world to only sign him in the short term.

4. H bomb

H bomb Active Member

I can't see Chopra going anywhere until we get a new manager in. Then I'd imagine its his decision who he wants to retain (or at least it should be).
    I guess it's possible the two clubs have made a provisional agreement (a first refusal if you like) but having said that, I can't imagine PJ being happy to just 'wait and see'.

Thai - your right mate, you can tell from our posts that the majority would happily see Chopra go based on his attitude towards the end of last season. Whether that had something to do with DJ I don't know but he wasn't anywhere near the player we know he is.

Personally, I hope we keep him because when he's on his game, at Championship level, he is 100% and his off the ball play is superb imo, which often goes unnoticed. Maybe a new manager (or even a new club) can give him the proverbial fresh start he clearly needs...time will tell

5. Tractor Tim

Tractor Tim Member

6. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Will this just alert other clubs and start a bidding war now. I'd rather we kept things quiet.