1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea vs West Ham

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Aug 8, 2016.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's exactly what BOTH the Robbies said on NBC now.

Just because it was Diego - this is blown out of proportion.

Blueman likes this.
  2. InBiscanWeTrust

InBiscanWeTrust Rome, London, Paris, Rome, Istanbul, Madrid
    Forum Moderator

If the ball was there, he still would have missed it as he tackled so high! <yikes>

3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

It's really not. Who are the Robbies on NBC?

4. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Possibly, but West Ham probably wouldn't have conceded the last minute of you were down to 10.. All ifs and buts but West Ham would have had a better chance getting a point or 3 against 10 men

5. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Robbie Earle & Mustoe.

This is from both of them.

Blueman likes this.
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

And it's so true, poor little Aguero would have just been a bit late trying to reach the ball <laugh>

7. Bwood_Ranger

I disagree. If Aguero does that on a yellow card, I'd expect to see another and plenty of people seeing it as a poor decision. If it happens on the halfway line it's a booking surely? Perhaps I've gone soft.

8. InBiscanWeTrust

Forum Moderator

Split second away if the ball was on the guy's shin... even if the ball was at his feet Costa has still missed it by about 6 inches in height!

Costa.JPG

9. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

At least Slaven Bilic recognised it for what it was, his comment on the incident "yeah I have just watched it in the dressing room now, it wasn't reckless or deliberate even but it was quite late and he could possibly have been booked again". Pretty fair assessment and a long way from screaming for a red.

10. Bwood_Ranger

Fair play to Bilic for being diplomatic about it. I don't think many managers would have been.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Wasn't being diplomatic, he has played the game and probably had several similar situations himself.
    It's a competitive sport and when a ball is that close to the goal you have to go for it (as a striker or defender), I have seen keepers kicked in the head/face, most parts of the body and nobody has ever said the striker should be sent off before.

12. Bwood_Ranger

That was quite a unique tackle. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a goalkeeper tackled like that, that high and that far from the ball.

13. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Fair enough, it's nearly November anyway so perhaps we could burn him and make everybody happy <ok>

The Ginger Marks and Blueman like this.
  14. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Have to say Costa should have been beheaded for that challenge, the referee should be struck off the premier list for his terrible mistake, placed in the stocks and have rotten vegetables thrown at him, then drawn and quartered. The assistants should also be burned at the stake for not advising the referee correctly. Watford_R should be made Lord Protectorate and administer punishment as he see's fit. He obviously is the only one who knows what happened and his opinion is sacrosanct. He has never seen a challenge like the one on Adrian tonight, yes it was that bad, mmm, wonder how much football this saintly being actually watches?

15. Bwood_Ranger

Quite a bit. It was an unusual challenge on a goalkeeper, particularly one so poorly timed. Obviously my opinion is different from that of some others. That's the point of a football forum.

16. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

"Poorly timed". Do you advocate a red card for every poorly timed challenge, or just the ones Costa makes?

fevriul, The Ginger Marks and Blueman like this.
  17. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

There is an agenda against Costa from many, it is bourn of fear.
    I don't like Costa, he is a nasty little **** when he stamps on people or digs them with his fist but, I can also accept a mistimed tackle or over-stretch is just that and nothing malicious.
    On the Liverpool board they were hoping you would get beat or draw because "that would be the best result for them", It's the first game of the season and somehow they think your result is going to affect their season in some way :grin:

Fear is a terrible thing <ok>

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  18. Bwood_Ranger

I thought it was easily worthy of a yellow though I expect there will be a similar challenge soon that gets a red. The Liverpool fan was saying it was a straight red.

There's no witch hunt against Costa. He brings it upon himself. If last season and tonight are anything to go by, he's given more leeway than most to accommodate his style.

19. The Ginger Marks

Well now the hangings have taken place, I thought it was a good performance for the First game. Thought we may have won more readily which would have reflected desire and possession but happy with the result nonetheless. Improvement will surely follow so looking forward to the next game with anticipation.

20. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Pleased with that,could of made it easier for ourselves.Still a london derby out of the way.