1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea vs Spurs - FA Cup Semi

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, Mar 13, 2017.

1. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Awful Thibo. Could have let Spuds back in to the match...
    Suspect

2. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

It hurts but congratulations.

Sid drowning in tears .

Bullet tooth Tony and StanDMan like this.
  3. fevriul

fevriul Well-Known Member

Christ is StanDMan some sort of parody account?? and what exactly did you call deli ali, because it was asterisked out! I'm hoping it started with an F!

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  4. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

You kind of outplayed us most of that game. Your team looks better all around. So you still have a good chance for title.

Conte proving me wrong & right at the same time.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  5. The Ginger Marks

One thing was patently clear, Batshit has to be sold! He has no physical presence or clue. <ok>

6. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

Thanks but it's your strength in depth that's the game changer .

7. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

kid started his first game in years. He was incredible for that first goal.
    cut him some slack.

8. The Ginger Marks

Nope he is not Chelsea standard Stan.

9. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Some kids shine when given their opportunity, Ali did, Kane did, Rashford did. Lukaku didn't. I will not judge Batsy on this performance as I think it was too difficult a game too do so, having said that he never won a single header was totally dominated by Spurs defenders and simply never the pace to trouble them. If there is one thing youth bring to the table, energy and pace is it. Unfortunately Batsy did not seem to have this and maybe we need to look elsewhere for our future striker options. Very pleased with Ake, got in some great tackles and interceptions, Luiz was superb, Dave was ****ing Marvelous, best player on the pitch, he reads the game as good as anyone. Kante is Kante rock solid, we will be comparing him with Makelele for eons. Just a side note, when we brought Hazard on Spurs were effectively down to 10 men, he takes out defenders for other members of the team to benefit. Night night happy days.

StanDMan likes this.
  10. Bullet tooth Tony

Incredible Stan for a back heel.............The only thing he did in the entire game, come on man.

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Well, I only saw the last 15 mins of the game but if the Spuds board is to be believed the ref missed about 15 yellow cards against you, gave a really really dodgy penalty (when viewed a few times in slow motion from many angles) and basically they were cheated.
    Any comments <whistle> :grin:

The Ginger Marks and StanDMan like this.
  12. Bullet tooth Tony

That's about spot on Diego, we were really lucky with the 15 bookings, never a penalty, and Atkinson cheated them big time. Just luck I suppose.<whistle><whistle>

The Ginger Marks and Diego like this.
  13. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

That's how I saw it too Diego. Don't understand how any Chelsea Players stayed on the pitch. Luiz should have been red carded for hitting Ali in the studs with his shin,Willian should have gone for bad sportsmanship, fancy kicking the ball straight in and not giving any Spud a chance to stop it !!. Which penalty was dodgy, when Son tripped Moses in the box or when Lloris handles outside the area?? Matic should have seen red too, his shot was way too hard, and could easily have takes a Spud head off, and that's not in the spirit of the game surely?
    Apart from that a brilliant game dominated by an immense effort from our defenders who simply let Spurs run themselves into the ground. Made me very nervous watching Spurs dominate, but when we went 3-2 up we suddenly realised we could attack as well as defend and for the first time in the match put it right up em. Wish we'd do that for 90 mins instead of 15, but a masterly display from us and an excellent game from Spurs as well/
    If we had a striker, god knows how many we could score. The two who played today are hopeless ,certainly in the set up we employ.

The Ginger Marks and StanDMan like this.
  14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh>
    You really should read a Spuds match day thread, it's nothing personal against Chelsea, apparently they have the same decisions against every team they play.
    The scousers used to be the kings of whinge but spuds have now surpassed them. The only two boards on the site where the ref is mentioned more than the players or the actual action :grin:

15. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Great game to watch. Brilliant performances all over the pitch. Credit where credit is due...Spurs played well. Thought that was a masterful display by Luiz. Have to admit i wasn't so sure about him coming back but i'm sure glad now he did !

16. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Perfect 10.
    Conte - Read Poch like a book. Listened to all of us, dropped Costa. People's leader or Fan's manager <ok>
    Kante - Same old. Every blade of grass had his print - No need to review him over and over again for Perfect 10s.

Luiz - Every tackle perfect. Soldiered on after horrible tackles from Spuds. Lethargic for Spuds second goal. Thibo could've done better there. Received deserving MOM award.
    Dave - Showed great leadership (penalty decision). All perfect tackles. Exceptional positioning.
    Moses - Back to his usual best.
    Ake - impressive to set the counter for opening goal. Terrific tackles all around, especially that Delle last ditch tackle in that box. Shielded Luiz in crosses.
    Willian - Impressive energy. Started tiring around hour mark. 2 great goals.
    Hazard - Attitude. Did great to take the ball from Costa's foot to feed Matic to setup the clinching 4th goal. Impressive shot away for that 3rd goal.

Pedro - Energetic shift in. However could have done little more to shield our left side - Matic / Alonso.

Batters - Impressive back heel to keep the counter going for first goal. His back to goal hold up play was decent. But Toby handled him comfortably. Didn't show pace or energy throughout the game.

Matic - Brilliant hit for that goal. But Awful game otherwise. Couldn't complete simple pass or make tackles.

Cescy - Missed bread & butter passes / through balls on the break in the last 15 minutes sub appearance. Chasing shadows around 80 minutes or the usual <doh>.

Thibo - Could have thrown the match away in the injury time free kick fumble. Hesitant all throughout the game.
    Alonso - Couldn't keep up with Trippier FFS. Couldn't cross a simple ball. Waste of space. Not helped by Matic either. Strained Ake too much. All Spuds traffic channeled through Alonso side.

Costa - Already in beach, hope a good one in China <doh>

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Bristol Blue likes this.
  17. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

......my view is that there was no Chelsea player or Spud player on the pitch that would score less than 5 out of ten because this was a great game to watch. It was even better than our 5-0 drubbing of Everton and 4-0 drubbing of Man U this season at Stamford Bridge because the Spuds made a great game of it. People berate the high cost of watching football these days but I had two £40 tickets for this game with a fantastic view. I took the Mrs and I've never seen her look so star struck.

Well done to the group of enlightened Chels that were singing 'Camptown Races' on the way out - I can't get the bloody tune out of my head <doh>....

Who came 3rd in a two horse race?

Tottenham, Tottenham. :1980_boogie_down:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
    Naas Blue and StanDMan like this.
  18. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

On paper we should have lost but the difference is we are winners. I have absolutely no doubt if Tottenham had rested Kane, Alli and Eriksen (the equivalent of us resting Hazard, Fabregas and Costa) with Vertonghen missing we'd have won with ease.

We showed huge mental strength and wer deserved winners.

19. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Wonderful game to watch and makes a nice change from the tactical 0-0's and 1-0's that semi finals are used to. I didn't fancy us before the game, nor did i fancy us throughout, until Hazard came on. He completely changed the game in our favour. They were scared of him, he draws so many players towards the ball which creates space for everyone else.

Matic was absolute garbage and the goal bailed him out a little bit but the game just passed him by, i hardly saw him. Batshuayi i kinda felt sorry for. Going up against that back 3 would be difficult for anyone especially with the little amount of football he's played but he could help himself a bit too. He seemed reluctant to make runs and just looked lazy in general. He needs to do more for me. Alonso struggled a bit too but everybody else had a good game i thought with Luiz, Azpi and Kante standing out.

On a side note i'm hoping we don't do to Ake what we did with Bertrand. If a player can play at that level in that sort high tempo high pressure game then they should be playing with us and not elsewhere.

Naas Blue, StanDMan and Bristol Blue like this.
  20. The Ginger Marks

Welcome back mate <ok>

StanDMan likes this.