1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Chelsea vs Arsenal: Match Thread.

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Sanj, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Not PC enough

Not PC enough New Member

He deserves all the ridicule he gets ,the total tool .

2. Arsegun

Arsegun Well-Known Member

ROFL nice one Zane

3. InvincibleTH14

This team is not good enough. Giroud bottled it again up front, and our midfield? I mean, we need superior options to Coquelin, full stop. Sick and tired of these results now, we need some quality players this transfer window, starting with a proper DM.

4. Wenger's Optician

Wenger's Optician Active Member

Decent analysis of the game on MotD.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Ossie <ok>

The team played and battled really well in the second half, but we threw it away again from the start. We do lack a bit of edge up front, Walcott is doing well and Giroud is trying, but yes we're short. I think this season is going to be another roller coaster ride for a top four place for us. I think we definitely need to add at least one quality player in this window, otherwise I fear the lack of quality through the squad might undo us if, especially if we get injures

6. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Arteta was a huge loss.

Wilshere is coming into form and Cazorla will be fine after a weeks rest or two.

You need to beat West Ham and then focus on the Liverpool game. Just about hanging in there, you have to win your next couple because you'd expect Chelsea to win both theirs (Newcastle and Reading away) and Spurs to win theirs (WBA and Norwich).

Spurs getting that late goal was a massive blow as it keeps their unbeaten run going and confidence high. I can't see WBA, Norwich or Newcastle being able to beat them, West Ham on a Monday Night in a derby is a different story though, we also play City away the day before so points will be dropped.

7. cjuliennech1

cjuliennech1 Member

Our performance on sunday was a shambles, especially in the first half, we were slow and sluggish and basically let chelsea dictate the play. I'm not making excuses for us because the team really does need to be better in all departments. But is it too much to ask that the game is refereed correctly? I can deal with players making mistakes but how hard is it to have someone look at a video replay and then tell the ref that infact coquelin is fouled and that yes man utd should have been given a penalty on sunday if both those things happen then the outcome for both results and the league does look different.

And just as i was thinking about the importance refereeing decisions have on the league, does anyone remember the man utd vs newcastle game last season where a penalty was awarded to newcastle when ferdinand clearly got the ball. Man utd dropped points that day and had the ref made the right call then they would have won the league. I don't think it's fair that we didn't get anything from stamford bridge on sunday because the referee made a bad call. Yes chelsea were the better team and probably deserved to win the match but as an arsenal fan i know all too well that just because you dominate match and have more chances doesn't give you the right to win those matches. I don't think that it's too much to ask that these games are refereed correctly, so much is at stake.

8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Well said fella <ok>

9. CPofL KTBFFH

CPofL KTBFFH New Member

Wilshire Wilshire whats the score <party><party>

10. District Line

Forum Moderator

There were umpteen examples of major decisions going against City last season as well.

As for the game being refereed properly the ref only has one angle and one view to look at. Everybody agrees that there was a foul in the build up to the first goal which changed the game but at first view I didn't see the foul and I'm not sure many people did, Wilshere was the only player that appealed. Either way we were denied what should have been a penalty when Diaby hauled Oscar down to the ground at which point both players immediately turned to the referee expecting the penalty to be given.

As for the Ramires one, contrary to media myth, both Sczesney and Ramires say it was a foul and a penalty kick, as did the ref and linesman so I'm really not sure what the debate is? The only argument is whether Sczesney should have seen yellow or red and luckily for you Atkinson didn't deem it is a clear goal scoring opportunity.

For a while under AVB I did the exact same thing, blame the ref but there comes a point where you have to criticise the team and therefore the manager. The lack of commitment/effort off the ball in the 1st half was what cost you.

11. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member

I love how football fans change their tune when it suits their own team, I totally agree with what you have said, sometimes it goes your way and sometimes it doesn't, and the ref has to make a call in a split second. However I find it particularly amusing considering you personally were making a bigger fuss than a teenager at a one direction concert, about Man U getting decisions at Stanford bridge earlier in the season. You even made countless threads on your own board claiming referees were ruining the game of football. . Just shows how the majority of football fans can't be objective.

12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

For a moderator (?!) this is one of the most imbecilic comments I've seen on here (and I've seen a few... let's face it, HIAG posts on these forums somewhere).

Using the rather clever invention of my own eyes, I can see it is quite clearly that is cheating by Ramires. If you can't then I seriously doubt the validity of any opinion you can draw from the game of football.

If you're going to try and defend it, then go for it but it will just make you look bad, rather than convince anyone it was a genuine foul.

13. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

For a moderator (?!) this is one of the most imbecilic comments I've seen on here (and I've seen a few... let's face it, HIAG posts on these forums somewhere).

Using the rather clever invention of my own eyes, I can see it is quite clearly that is cheating by Ramires. If you can't then I seriously doubt the validity of any opinion you can draw from the game of football.

If you're going to try and defend it, then go for it but it will just make you look bad, rather than convince anyone it was a genuine foul.

14. Treat Williams

Treat Williams Well-Known Member

15. District Line

Forum Moderator

So you were there were you? You physically were on/beside the pitch to see it or could you only tell from one TV camera angle in an armchair miles away?

It's quite clear Ramires slips and the contact is made thereafter, contact that was confirmed by both players and witnessed by 4/5 other players. Your myopia knows no bounds. Totally blinkered <ok>

16. Treat Williams

Treat Williams Well-Known Member

Judging by the GIF, there was contact. What Ramires is doing with his right leg is baffling though, unless he was trying to win the penalty.

17. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Why do I need to have been there to make a decision on it?

I'm not really sure how anyone could be beside the pitch in any way other than 'physically'... I haven't yet quite got the ability to put my mind 'mentally' beside the pitch... but anyhow, to answer your question, I can quite comfortably tell from one tv camera angle in an armchair with a tv viewpoint zoomed in to a few metres away from the action... far better viewpoint than the side of the pitch.

Subjective, and therefore not clear... but anyway, if he is slipping then he isn't in control of the ball, he would have fallen over and therefore not been able to score. Therefore it's a slip, not a foul. If he's going to slip over and hit Szeszny's leg that doesn't make it a foul

Not debating that.

So what? No-one's debating there wasn't contact.

I can copy and paste that back to you... your myopia knows no bounds. Totally blinkered <ok>

If you think that was genuine movement by Ramires' leg then, I repeat, your opinions on football are questionable.

18. District Line

Forum Moderator

Your statement is completely contradictory. If you can "see" the non contact with your eyes then why can't Ramires, Sczesney and all the other Arsenal players "see" it as well, what makes your eyesight better than theirs? They have a complete view, you have a subjective TV angle. If Sczesney says there was contact and it was a foul, Ramires says there was contact, what is there to discuss?

19. My word you are layng into District Line!

I agree it is baffling what Ramires was doing with his right leg! Did he lack confirdence to score? I also think that Atkinson should have blown up for a foul by Ramires before the first goal! How Sky gave Ramires MOM when they highlighted both incidents at half time I do not know!

Because of my age I have no feelings towards Arsenal or your manager but did think your team did well on Sunday second half and really deserved a point at least!

Well I will have to recover after saying that !

20. My word you are laying into District Line!

I agree it is baffling what Ramires was doing with his right leg! Did he lack confirdence to score? I also think that Atkinson should have blown up for a foul by Ramires before the first goal! How Sky gave Ramires MOM when they highlighted both incidents at half time I do not know!

Because of my age I have no feelings towards Arsenal or your manager but did think your team did well on Sunday second half and really deserved a point at least!

Well I will have to recover after saying that !