1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Chelsea v Hull City

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

Did anyone wonder why Livermore had shrunk and why he was inpersinating Elmo at right wing back and why he was wearing gloves....? The number change was too soon.

2. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

We should have a penalty, however, Curtis Davies should of been off. Up to that point the ref booked every bad foul with a yellow but when it was Davies's second yellow he bottled it.

We played excellently, but I think today highlighted how much we need Snoddy. If we had him taking all those free kicks and corners we would of scored a goal no doubt about that. Evandro doesn't look half the player he is. I really hope if he goes we focus on bringing someone in to take set pieces as that is how we score so many of our goals.

There are huge positivies to take out of today. However, imagine if we had Livermore coming on instead of Meyler. I just don't get why we sold him. We desperately need 3/4 players depending on whether Snoddy goes.

Silva though looks a class act. What more could he have done? We didn't just hold Chelsea we pushed higher up, pressed them and that second half performance was one of the best i've seen against a top four team by us.

3. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

We also got away with Costa's first 'offside' goal.

The ref was equally **** for both sides.

Howden Tigress and Plum like this.
  4. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Its opinion, but for someone playing their second game for the club at the league leaders Evandro along with Thud you'd have wondered which midfield due cost the thick end of £80 million... Meyler in fairness was excellent other than the stupid going nowhere foul on Will I am....

5. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

He barely even touched Willian. Does my head in when players get criticised for 'stupid' fouls when they've actually been duped into it. Literally all he actually did was run past Willian, but these top players know exactly where to trail their leg to ensure contact and then of course make the totally natural movement where their legs flop upwards and behind them as they sprawl on the turf. Amazing how players with such low centres of gravity are so easily felled when it suits.

GLP likes this.
  6. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I agree with Thud I thought he was excellent, and he is starting to show his quality.

I understands its your opinion, and quite a few seem to agree with you, but to me looked very slow, and players just seemed to walk past him. He had a few good touches, but his set pieces where very poor.

7. Blaknamberblood

Blaknamberblood Well-Known Member

Personally I think the criticism of Meyler in this game is unfounded .. he had one of his better games IMHO .. the two new lads did ok but you can see they need to get their fitness levels up .. but the overall performance of the team was excellent. For me the lack of bottle of the ref and linesman robbed us of points today .. albeit their 'second' goal was piss poor defending .. while Jak is a good shot stopper his command of his area is none existent however we haven't a keeper in the building who does command his area. Very encouraged by the performance but we need more quality in the building to help MS and the squad.

8. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Bollocks, he's brilliant at not answering the questions everyone asks him.

9. Ajbtiger

Ajbtiger Well-Known Member

I thought Meyler did well also, He's always going to make a few mistakes here and there but I felt he performed above himself at stages in that game. Evandro impressed me, reminded me of Robert Koren with a few more step overs, hopefully he can shoot from distance like Koren.

10. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

It was pathetic and a part of the game I dislike. Commentators referring to it as 'won' a free kick. More like conned a free kick.

11. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

My point was I suppose (maybe didn't word it correctly) that he didn't really need to go near him as Omar was right beside him.

12. ElTigre

ElTigre Well-Known Member

The Allams no doubt have heard Henri and Souness say after yesterday's display that City will stay up. Ehab has worked out the performance was done without Snodgrass..

13. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

He was 100% offside. The angle directly down the line showed his head was offside, and as that's a playable part of the body he was in an offside position. I can't stand when pundits say "unlucky to be called offside". If it's offside it's offside, there's no grey area.

14. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

He was onside.

15. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

I haven't looked back to see what incident you are talking about and have only seen the last 2 posts on it, but isn't it the feet / torso that's offside? If someone has his feet and body onside but his head is offside I thought he'd be onside.

Dunno why I think this though and am perfectly ready to be corrected.

Reminds me of all 'daylight between players' bullshit that surfaced a few years ago that was completely invented by commentators and pundits and FIFA had to issue multiple statements saying there had been no change whatsoever to the rule about 'daylight'.

16. lewisc29

lewisc29 Idiot

He was onside. I think his left arm was offside, which obviously isn't something you should be able to score with.

17. Willson

Willson Well-Known Member

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afdeveloping/refereeing/law_11_offside_en_47383.pdf

Head, body, or feet are relevant, arms are not

bum_chinned_crab likes this.
  18. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

What a brilliant ruse to have that translator telling Silva what David Burns was asking in the post match interview yesterday- certainly fooled me into thinking he's not fluent enough yet.
    Obrigado.

19. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

The officials were far from even handed yesterday.
    Chelsea complain about a marginal off-side decision that would have been judged offside 80% of the time.
    We complained about Hernandez being bum raped right in front of the ref in the same passing movement that lead to their first goal.
    And as mentioned we had a stonewall penalty turned down.
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/757567/Chelsea-punished-twice-against-Hull-sportgalleries
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...aguire-Reaction-Abel-Hernandez-Penalty-Appeal

Also in a very similar incident to the Man U game (when the lino waved his flag in panic as Dio's header looked goal bound), we had Cahill inadvertently flicking the ball to Niasse when trying to rescue a City corner. Of course the lino didn't wave for a corner until he saw the ball rolling to Niasse and then hey presto he waved for a corner.

They're ****ing bent