1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Cheers Mick, but now is the time to go!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Guru of Ipswich, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I know I don't hardly post anymore but felt I needed to say this about our present situation.

Basically it is as the title suggests, when mick was appointed we needed someone to put an attitude of work ethic within the squad as we had a bunch of overpaid wasters sucking the life out of the club, mick sorted it out and built a strong hard working side, but limited. We have had a steady rise up the league due to this, but now we need somebody to bring that extra spark to the side, we need creative players to be given the freedom to express themselves. Mick you are not and will never be that man. So thank you but please do the decent thing and move aside for the good of this great club to push onwards and upwards.

So Mick as one of your most loyal supporters. Thanks for everything but please don't undo your great work over very difficult circumstances by out staying your welcome.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  2. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Been saying as much for months Guru.

3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

He's linked with the Villa job, doubt he'll be chosen though.

I supported Mick for a long time and the play off season was one where most Town fans were super proud to be Ipswich lads. The last 18 months or so have been pretty bad though and I've found myself questioning his decisions constantly and that's never a good sign.

Thanks for everything Mick but unless you can get this team playing exciting football then I say it's time for a change.

4. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

From Zero to Villian?

5. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Never in a million years will villa appoint him. His reputation has seriously diminished in the last year. He'll be another Warnock, and only go to teams that are in disarray and fighting relegation (villa should be challenging for top two).
    Unless our run continues til Christmas, we're stuck with MM

6. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

I think he now knows its time to go. He will be 'talking' to the club directors this week.

Decent honest bloke, done the job for a while, popular, one trick pony, unable to manage to the next level, excite or inspire youth, pace, ball players, higher order football skills tactics.

Our season is collapsing.....take the exit with some pride and let the club find a younger, maybe overseas talented man.
    Time for English dinosaurs to leave the game.

7. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

San Diego likes this.
  8. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I may be slow on the uptake and a still looking through blue tinted specs but I am not yet at the stage of calling for Mick to leave. I am certainly frustrated and have therefore not been to many matches (which maybe helps) but I can't help feeling that he'll get us back up and running (to a certain extent at least) before too much longer and am willing to give him a few more matches before dusting off the pitchfork.

I must admit I wasn't a big fan when we appointed him but got behind him as I have every manager, the biggest plus has been the stability he has brought to the playing squad, particularly given the turnover we had in the 5 years previous. Though I cannot argue with a lot of the feeling of "Mick has taken us as far as he can go" as there have too many matches where we have simply been dreadful.

I just have an inkling that Williams will be able to change the mood if he hits the ground running and one good result and performance can give us some momentum to push on, though clearly this needs to happen ASAP as another month of the same and we'll be languishing in and around the bottom 3