1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ched Evans - The Retrial

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Kifflom!, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

He's just been found not guilty and quite right too. So an innocent man has served time in prison because of a drunken woman out for a shag later cried rape. A sadly familiar scenario thse days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-37659009

I await for the apologies to come flooding in from people like Jessica Ennis Hill and others - some on this forum as I recall. :)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Sorry Kiff started another thread about the same time. Perhaps valley can close mine.

On that note all the people in the sports world who slaughtered him Like Ennis will remain very quiet and will note come out and apologise I am sure.

3. Kifflom!

I agree TLF. We had Dai on here calling him a convicted rapist even when the conviction was overturned. Evans will forever be tainted because of this stupid woman and he's served time after telling the truth about what happened. Nothing will ever bring that back.

On the upside - a triumph for British justice. Who says the system doesn't work?

4. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

What I struggle with and have always struggle with and it is difficult when we want women to have the confidence to come forward when they have been raped or attacked sexually. Is that this woman has walked away scot-free when his life was ruined for years.

5. Kifflom!

In my experience it's extremely difficult to prove a simple lack of consent without violence because the forensics supporting an allegation are limited. In my view that's just the way it is whether you like it or not - otherwise anyone can make an unfounded allegation about anyone, but with the current DPP they almost always prosecute. that's why conviction rates are so low.

If a woman is forced into sex there is usually accompanying forensic evidence to support that, though not always.

I'm all for encouraging genuine complainants to come forward and many of them still do. This woman has done real victims a huge disservice.

6. Monty Fisto

Monty Fisto Well-Known Member

Crazy thing is she never accused anyone of rape. She was too drunk to remember.

7. Kifflom!

Apparently not. She initiated the complaint to the police but couldn't remember giving consent. 'Too drunk to remember" removes consent but the jury didn't buy it. She knew exactly what she was doing. Justice done, justice served, but the lad is tainted forever and his careeer is in tatters.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  8. Kifflom!

...Where's Dai? <laugh>

9. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

I always maintained that this conviction was flawed, and so it proved to be, I only perceived him as being stupid, and new this outcome would result when the full evidence was considered. The girl had form for sleeping with whoever she picked up on a night out, and was only after a payday with the accusation, but Ched Evans has learned a very bitter lesson from this, whether he can rebuild his career only time will tell...............<ok>

Dai would have hung him on the first sentence................<laugh>

Kifflom! likes this.
  10. Kifflom!

He's deliberately keeping his head down. <laugh>

11. Monty Fisto

Does it really though. Not remembering giving consent is not the same as not giving consent. I guess bringing in her ex was all about showing that she quite often gave consent when she was too drunk to remember. It was a bonkers verdict in the first place (no pun intended), especially if all the other alledged stuff about her was true.

12. Kifflom!

I agree Monty. <ok> I seem to remember she posted stuff on social media that didn't do her any favours. Phill could tell you more about that - I remember him going on about it.

We can question the morals of Evans as he was in a long term relationship but he never deserved to lose years of his life and have his career shredded.

13. Monty Fisto

I think the judge/justice system was scared of the backlash if they acquited two sleezy footballers over the rape of a teenager. They had to 'punish' someone and it was never going to be the black guy. Could you imagine if McDonald had been found guilty and Evans not, there would have been riots. Ched was a pawn in a political game. It is us the tax-payer who will end up paying for it, I shudder to think how much compensation Evans will get, £5m+ at a guess.

14. DragonPhilljack

Indeed she's posted a twitter comment a day or so after supposedly being raped, saying she was in for a 'Big Payday', but then realised after that it could undermine her case, so she removed it, but it had been seen by an American hacker, who retrieved it from Googles cache with his hacking skills, and he raised the issue in a blog, add to that the evidence of previous men she had bedded, then it was inevitable this outcome was going to happen. Apparently if my memory serves me right, she had tried this on with a Rugby player, who had a very lucky escape!...........<laugh>

Kifflom! likes this.
  15. Kifflom!

<cheers> I knew it was something like that......but still no Dai. <laugh>

16. DragonPhilljack

Dai is lost in France!!.....................................<laugh>

17. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Has he taken Bonny with him?

18. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Ched is as guilty as anything and he knows it.....He is a very lucky boy. How can he be trusted when he cheated on his girlfriend...if he could do that and lie he can lie about anything.....He is a tosser that women should avoid like the plague and he wont be the last to get away with abusing women either....He is more than guilty in many peoples eyes including mine....

19. DragonPhilljack

20. terrifictraore

terrifictraore Well-Known Member

Whether he is a tosser or a liar is not the point,, our legal system does not and should not act like that. Nobody apart from the people involved will ever truly know who is guilty and they may all have been too drunk to remember anyway.