1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Charlton Vs Scunthorpe

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by DonCorleone, Mar 6, 2017.

1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

3 points should see us safe, since the bottom 4 can't find a win between them.

2. Chippy / Glory

Chippy / Glory Senior Member

You of little faith.
    " I cant see where we are getting one point never mind three".

Only problem is the win helps millwall.

3. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Fantastic.

Get in there !!

Every chance of a top half finish now.

The Kish, Ken Shabby and DonCorleone like this.
  4. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Watt's second goal of the millennium and you could tell by his celebration. Not even going to try and get home with the bloody trains. Pub. Brothel. Hotel. In that order.

5. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

Couldn't believe how poor Scunthorpe were, potentially one of the worst teams I've seen at the Valley this season. Konsa saved us with some quality last ditch tackles

6. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

We won , hooray. That is all. Am in Lanzerote and I am feeling a bit tired and emotional.

7. User deleted as requested

Are the Plumb Players on tour then ?

8. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

We were winless in 9 - it wasn't a crazy statement!

Chippy / Glory likes this.
  9. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Now the king of bullshit loves his players again...we were soooo good yesterday ...barcelonaesque ....honest bunch of players blah blah blah ...what a dick

10. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Corrected that for you <ok>

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Look at us - finishing/correcting each other's sentences.

12. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

13. User deleted as requested

Defeat last night would have been better for Charlton in the long term.

14th in League One is not only embarrassing, it is meaningless.

Defeat would have pushed Gobbo a bit closer to the exit, it would have caused the Walsall attendance to be another 500 lower on Saturday, it would have been a couple more chips away at the edifice of this stinking regime.

As it is, pressure is apparently relieved for a few days. Tony Watt's first reaction on returning to the dressing room after scoring his first goal in 29 games was to log onto his Twitter account and start digging out his many critics.

Just about says it all about the current state of Charlton.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  14. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

It was a very poor game overall. First half, 30 odd minutes we were slightly ahead, poor marking from Scunthorpe left Jackson on this own, right in the middle of the box. No surprise we scored as a result. After the goal we fizzled out, Holmes was making some good runs, but rarely passing the ball. Novak and Josh were noowhere, always running to the wings, we had nobody in the box. Was frustrating as hell.

Second half Scunny came out all guns blazing, really giving our defence some hard times. Konsa and Tex were making some amazing last ditch tackles. Really holding onto that lead. Scunny hit the crossbar (I recollect) but the hit the inside of the post after Rudd came out of his goal a long way. The should have scored from that. The similar incident occurred and the scored from that.

By then, Josh, was off injured, and we were struggling to get out of our own first half. Their keeper did not have to make a save, lot of passing around the edge of the box and piss poor pot shots.

I cannot remember how the penalty occurred, think it was through a corner as the foul was on Tex (I was having a chat with the ladies I sit around and caught a glimpse of it), but I saw him [... think it was Tex] get yanked down. Blatant penalty no arguments around that. Then I saw Tony Watt want to take it, and thought, "oh dear god no... don't be a prick and do some trickery just put your foot through it." Thankfully that's what he done. Keeper went the right way, but power on it, sailed right through his hands.

Extra time was nervy, all in Scunthorpes end, and again some great last ditch tackles to preserve the lead.

Man of the Match: Konsa, really good in a piss poor game

Twat of the Match: Tony Watt, jumping into the crowd, acting like he won the World Cup on his own... was a penalty, and you were not even in the game at all. Crap passing and contributed nothing!

Overall: Don't know why I went. I was cold, and I had more enjoyment with the conversations that I was having with other people. The game was crap, didn't even really feel a sense of pride when we scored.

15. User deleted as requested

Worth having a look at Tony Watt's timeline on Twitter last night to sum up part of what is wrong at Charlton.

Many of our remaining fans are utter morons.

16. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

According to Mr Robinson we were wonderful

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Cant agree its better long term - the thought of league two terrifies me. You see a few of the teams down there who were playing championship football with us during our spell after the premiership, and the struggle they've had.

League two would bring 10 years in the wilderness IMO.

18. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

A few random thoughts on last night. First impression is very, very happy - I really thought on saturday I was losing interest in the club as I came away numb, apart from the anger at the few WUM's who still seem to think it's in any way plausible to blame the protests (if you can remember one) for our current plight. I was trying to get my dauhters to sleep when the penalti went in, and woke them up by waving my arms about silently, but it was worth it to have a small celebration.
    I get what Reamsys Twin (will you stop changing your name - I'm old and can't keep up) said about defeat being better, but honestly I don't want another relegation, These morons are not capable of rebuilding anywhere, and while I have sadly come to the conclusiĆ³n Gobinson is incompetent, any replacement we get in now will be equally dire, and I would loathe to throw the untried Jackson into the managers role under the current circumstances and these cretins in charge.
    As for Tony Watt, he just broke a long non-scoring streak, so the celebrations were understandable. Besides, there are a lot of unfounded accusations flying around the club about him. Possibly it says more about the club tan the player, particularly given it seems the stuff Robinson was spouting after the Shrewsbury disaster was Tex rather than Watt. I'm expecting another massive clear out this summer followed by the usual half-job of rebuilding. It's waht KM and RD do. But in the mean time, I'm going to enjoy a rare win - it would be nice if we could reward the few fans who can still be bothered to turn up with a bit of football, even if it means we have to put up with the apologists yelling 'told you so'.

19. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

The Plumb players are definitely a non touring Company. Lapping up the sunshine in Lanzarotte with my Wife. Was good to see we managed a win against the might of Scunthorpe at a packed Valley. The team are on a role.

20. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

No pun intended?