1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Charlton Vs Chesterfield

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForestHillBilly, Oct 28, 2016.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Saddest sight of the day yesterday was not the bad team or even the poor attendance - it was the sheer resignation and apathy of those who were there. It has become a chore just to go now and it feels like only tribal loyalty keeps long terms fans like me doing it.

2. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

“It was a tough old game,” Slade admitted. “It’s a League One game, they’re all tough. Its stating the obviously really."

The fat bald bastard ...... by all accounts Chesterfield were very poor ...... Chris Powell's L1 team would have dismantled them by 4 or 5....

Stop making excuses and just go fatso <ok>

3. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Absolutely nailed it, Ken. It seemed strange that the commentators should get excited over us scoring a winner, I wasn't cheering. Like you, I read the thread on CL, and felt shocked that it has come to this. The dead atmosphere came across on the commentary, with sporadic shouts echoing round the empty stadium. It's killing me not going, but supporting Charlton = supporting Roland in my book, although I couldn't resist renewing my subscription for CAFCPlayer. Apparently Novak ran round in front of The Covered End cupping his hand to his ear after the goal, just as Mooney did, and Simon Church, come to that. So the players are in the bunker now, too.

4. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Actually, I've been feeling for a while that any sort of boycott is actually making life easier gor the regime. Better to get all the fans back into the Valley chanting and protesting. I understand a lot of people don't want to give Roland a penny, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Sadly, the chances are most fans are gone gor good and a call to arms will bring in an extra 200 fans, but just now, it feels as if the dream of a tram of youth stars playing in front of empty terraces and a defence obsessed manager is soon to be upon us.

5. User deleted as requested

He did, the fat trundler cupped his ears at his critics when he scored. Ricky Holmes also had a spat with fans yesterday. A club at war with itself. Someone has credibly reported that only 6,450 went into the ground yesterday - even the reluctant ST holders are now boycotting.

6. User deleted as requested

No, I am more and more convinced that a mass boycott is the only answer now. 6,500 attendance yesterday suggests that this is the way we are going. CARD should put away the bed sheets and stickers & get behind a properly organised boycott of the cup tie next Saturday - where STs cannot be used. The West Stand was about 10-15% full yesterday.

DickPlumb likes this.
  7. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

but Royston, who actually wants to go and watch a defensively obsessed Charlton play a pi55 poor Chesterfield team when you could be out Christmas shopping <ok>

Ken Shabby likes this.
  8. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Then Slades postmatch Presser is full of how great we were what a dominating performance it was etc...complete BS

9. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Just watched the extended highlights. Ajose doesn't seem much of a player. How on earth did he score 25 goals in a season? No way he'll get half that number at Charlton.