1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Charlton v Bristol Rovers

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Jan 1, 2017.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

4 assists in two games. Wow.

Scrap that, 4 assists in your first two competitive starts (league)

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

4-1. Big mag hat trick. Heading for POTY

3. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

That's if Aribo doesn't do a Poyet and win both the young POTY and the senior POTY <ok>

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

7 points from 3 games. Gotta give it to KR - with that squad he's doing something.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  5. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Two stand out players for us today - Magennis for his hat trick including an excellent third <applause> and Aribo for his assists and excellence at dead balls <applause> . We look a far more threatening side at corners now because of the excellence of Aribo's delivery. He was substituted to a deserved standing ovation, with Solly and Konsa also getting good receptions when they went off.

Getting Josh some support up front has to be a priority in the transfer window- he is having to do it all itself.

And absolutely no surprise that our midfield suddenly looks 100x better with a young mobile *athlete* suddenly in the middle.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

7. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

He's good on the ball, plays there comfortably. I'd start aribo ahead of him if I had to pick one though

8. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

Robinson is the cheesiest human alive, we did a literal lap of honour at the end of the game. He's more entertaining than Luzon

9. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I went to the game today and Aribo and Konsa were excellent in the middle of the park. I have been bigging up Aribo for a while now and it is great to see both the youth products do so well. I am afraid Jackson should be nowhere near the team in future. Josh Magennis bullied their centre half's, but two terrible bits of marking for his headed goals. I agree with Royston Aribo's delivery was excellent. Enjoy him why you can he will be sold in the Summer.

10. User deleted as requested

He took a half to get to grips with his role, unsurprisingly, but then got better. A good engine but technically not as good as Aribo.

11. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Hands up if you didn't think that, that was going to happen today?
    <doh>

They've proven that they can play. Next game is against Millwall, if they play like that they have what it takes to win.

Ken Shabby and ForestHillBilly like this.
  12. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

Wow. The first half sounded dire from the updates, but suddenly we had an equaliser, plus momentum and energy in midfield. I actually thought we might win today, but that means nothing at the Valley lately. The reality of cruising home 4-1 is a rare feeling, and with a couple of youngsters delivering a master class to boot. Sadly Dick Plumb has been on to pi$$ on our slippers a bit implying Aribo will be gone in the summer ( man, couldn't we have an evening at least fantasizing about Aribo and Mag leading us back up to the Prem?) but really, this is one to relax and enjoy with a nice brandy, and that's what I intend to do now. Happy days for once.

13. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Delighted with the win. Astounded it has taken this long to play a midfield with some legs in it. A few good signings and we should make the play offs as this league is genuinely dreadful.

14. User deleted as requested

Robinson went well OTT in his comments after the game. He compared Konsa and Aribo in terms of talent to Dele Ali, and called them "two of the most exciting young players in the country".

Idiotic, but it must have had Meire purring with delight.

I thought the idea was to keep the pressure and spotlight OFF young promising players ?

ForestHillBilly and DonCorleone like this.
  15. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Feel it puts unneeded pressure on them, and as we usually end up relying on the youth, it's probably not the best idea.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  16. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

Aribo and Konsa took a while to come into the game. for the first half they looked like they were waiting to pass it to someone more experience. second half, they came out and bossed it. big mag will do that in more games if he gets service like today.

enjoyed todays game though. has been a while since i've last said that. a few decent signings to prop up the squad and not folding when millwall come to visit could put us in a good position. not holding my breathe though, rolands already been seen in aldi looking for his next signings.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  17. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

He's trying to sell them on already ...presidents orders

18. FormerlyOzAddick

FormerlyOzAddick Active Member

U ripper. Just take it for what it is, a win.

More talent shining, we should be blossoming overall with the youth that has come out of our club recently, never seems to be handled well.