1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charlton squad lists & summer transfer diary 2017

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by lardiman, May 7, 2017.

1. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I think Konsa has suffered by being moved into midfield by Slade and Robinson. He is a very good centre half, who can do a job as a defensive midfielder. The only question mark is when he comes up against a big bruising hairy arsed centre forward in this division. He needs to improve in the air. But footballing English centre half's are few and far between. I think that another season spent with us will enhance his career.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that he will receive the quality of coaching he needs in order to progress. KR talks **** a lot of the time, Bowyer hasn't proved himself as a coach and Jacko may be the right sort of character, but as a coach is a newcomer. So the test is to ask yourself, if he was your son how would you advise him. I would consider other offers and think very carefully.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  3. DickPlumb

If he was my Son I would say take a big money offer and then buy me a Villa in Spain.

4. ForestHillBilly

Wouldn't be any good to you after Brexit<cry>.

DickPlumb and Butterfield like this.
  5. DickPlumb

I have dual nationality. I have a Maltese passport ( who are in the EU). I also have a British Passport. Quite handy.

6. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Couple of people I know at Charlton are of Maltese descent, go there regularly. Per chance I may have already had a conversation with you in person @DickPlumb

7. DickPlumb

I think you may have Holden. I have got a lot of relations still there. My Father had a property in Marsascala and also a bar but he sold both. I am going to come into quite a lot of money soon and I am toying with the idea of buying a holiday home there. Every time I go back it feels like home. Love the people, so friendly.

8. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Were you there in the past two weeks? If so, I reckon we have talked many a time...

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Do it - Id happily see out my retirement there.

10. DickPlumb

Convincing my Wife is the hard bit.:emoticon-0121-angry

11. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

19th July update;

Cristian Ceballos leaves Charlton, signs a 3 year contract for Sint Truiden.
    Another piece of shrapnel from the fragging we took two seasons ago belatedly yanked out and disposed of, as far as I'm concerned.
    I'm not keen on any of the network no-marks from 2015-16 still hanging around the Valley, and that includes Naby Sarr. But if he stays then so be it, maybe Robinson can get something out of him.

12. ForestHillBilly

Ceballos' corner kick is how he'll always be remembered. Legend, along with the likes of Thuram, Nego, Omar Pouso, Christensen, Makienok in the Great Hall of Fame.

13. lardiman

Forum Moderator

21st July update;

Jay Dasilva is secured on a season long loan from Chelsea.
    Our second proper quality signing of this summer, if he stays fit Dasilva should make a big difference to our chances of winning promotion this season.
    More is still needed - quality like Dasilva and Marshall rather than journeymen or unproven kids - but this signing is a big step in the right direction.

14. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

Looked great going forward in the last few games last season. Keen to see how he performs defensively, as he didn't have much to do in those last half dozen games he played.

lardiman likes this.
  15. FormerlyOzAddick

FormerlyOzAddick Active Member

I love Maltesers

Butterfield likes this.
  16. lardiman

Forum Moderator

29th July update:

Goalkeeper Ben Amos signs on a season long loan from Bolton Wanderers.
    Sorry, but for me Amos is the poorest signing we have made this summer - especially as he has presumably been signed as our first choice 'keeper.
    In my view he is not as good as Declan Rudd or Dillon Phillips, but if we are going to start the season with him then I'll just have to hope I am wrong.

He played well enough in our remarkable 6-1 trashing of Ipswich Town according to reports, though he did not have very much to do.
    In recent seasons his 'goals per game conceded' stats do not make for reassuring reading - well over 1 per game on average.

We will have to hope that as part of a successful and regularly winning team with a decent defence (that's supposed to be us this season by the way!) Ben Amos will show what he is capable of.

17. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

Cheltenham do not have a No 1 goalkeeper, I predict that next week Dillon goes there on a season long loan with call back option. Yesterday Gobinson said than Amos was the #1 keeper for next season so doesn't seem to rate Phillips.... strange?.... I do.

Possibly the same problem as with Hart at Man City? Dillion's distribution can be poorish at times and Gobbo may want to start attacks from the Keeper?

18. lardiman

Forum Moderator

Possibly.
    It has also been said that Amos was quite vocal yesterday, marshaling/haranguing his defence.
    Perhaps this quality is what has attracted Robinson.

Most of us like a goalkeeper who will tell his defenders what he thinks - as long as the man himself is good enough to do his own job properly.

19. DickPlumb

Robinson said that he likes his goalkeeper to fill the goal.I also think that Phillips will leave on loan. I notice that Martin was watching us yesterday from the directors box.

20. ForestHillBilly

Me too<ok>