1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charlton squad lists & summer transfer diary 2017

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by lardiman, May 7, 2017.

1. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

To be fair, I don't think any of us attempted to potentially dispute his claim. But he seemed as jovial as if his team had just won the league.

2. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

The very first player shown the door this summer - even before Roger Johnson - is Tony Watt.

Glasgow's very own Mark Kermode will then find his next club is Ross County or Partick, assuming he gets that lucky.

3. User deleted as requested

According to CAFC Picks today, Robinson has gone on holiday and was expecting us to have signed "5-6 players" <laugh> before his plane took off for Croxteth. In total he wants to sign "10-12 players" this summer <laugh><laugh>

Reeves & Martin from MKDuds are stalling on signing for us. I can't think why.

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Yeah, KR said openly he wanted 5 players in by end of May. Was always going to happen with free agents, these deals have agents licking their lips.

5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Every manager seems to think Roland will behave differently now. Some learn the easy way, like Chris Wilder, and the rest learn the hard way.

6. User deleted as requested

I would be amazed if Robinson gets more than 6 players this summer, and only 1-2 of those for a fee.

7. Sat In Greenwich

Sat In Greenwich Well-Known Member

i honestly dont think we should be concerned with the numbers of players being signed. we should be more worried about the quality of the players we're being linked to.

"rochdales oldest player"
    "relegated swindons full back"

all on frees. these would be worse than the players we signed last year. we're getting worse and worse.

i cannot get excited by anything we do while we're in league one.

8. ForestHillBilly

All too predictable, except to those on a certain forum.

9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

We need numbers and quality. Five quality additions will still see us struggle.

The only way we prevented further decline when MS/TJ took over was because we had a complete overhaul, think the final number of signings that summer was 21? Sounds high when typing that out, maybe I'm wrong.

10. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

90% of the 2010/11 team was also out of contract, giving Powell/Slater a clean slate to work with. Now we only have Chicksen and Johnson out of contract. Even if we had a half decent CEO, they'd still have to get rid of 6/7 players on hefty contracts that no one wants.

11. lardiman

lardiman Keep smiling through
    Forum Moderator

Sarr, Ceballos & Teixeira should all be loaned out next season, and again and again until their contracts run out.
    I can't believe Robinson would want them anywhere near a dressing room which is supposed to have some team spirit and a promotion mentailty.

12. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Teixeria is the only one that I'd keep. He has his moments and is not a bad player at all.

13. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

China, have you looked at Lardi's post #11 on page 1 ?...... Tex has the second worst win % of any player from the 2016-17 season... basically when Tex starts Charlton lose :(

14. Miketyson2007Junior

Miketyson2007Junior Well-Known Member

He's a good player but hasn't played like a £12k a week player this season. We could bring in 2 maybe 3 good league one players for the same cost.

15. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Tex isn't fussed. His defensive errors were probably offset by his goals, but not sure if thats a positive.

16. ForestHillBilly

Tex has looked more interested in getting up to score goals than defending, and has been getting caught out of position. If nobody wants him pay him off, his attitude stinks, apart from when he threw the ball at Morrison's head.

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

A four and a half year deal too - reckless. I'm a big fan of long term contracts, but the fact we made that offer when relegations was blindly obvious and no wage reduction clause just makes me sigh in disbelief.

We will have to basically offer him out to the middle east for someone to have interest in him IMO.

18. DickPlumb

DickPlumb Well-Known Member

I think RD has to bite the bullet with Vetokele, Sarr and Texeira. If nobody is interested in buying them he should try to come to some arrangement to pay them off and give them a free. All three are on large money. Loaning them is no good as we are paying most of their wages. Ceballos apparently is enjoying it at St Triuden, so transfer him to them, just a book entry.
    We need to get rid of the chaff. That includes Watt, Page,Novak. But who would have them?

19. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Ben Reeves ...Robinsons big transfer target wanted by Burton Albion...hilarious that is.....so he may be linking up with a proper manager in clough not a Gobshite

20. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

fancy being out bid by Burton Albion <laugh> how far have we fallen under these Belgians!

ForestHillBilly likes this.