1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Charlie Gard

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Patience, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Mind The Duck

Mind The Duck Well-Known Member

Didn't know you were black

2. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

I did know you're thick though.

Sign Da Ting and Void like this.
  3. GroveRanger

GroveRanger Well-Known Member

Boy very ill, GOSH say nowt can be done for him. Parents devastated and look for second opinions. Chap in USA says he can cure kiddie so parents ask GOSH to let him go, get told no you can't as he's too ill, parents blurt it all out to the media, boo-hoo looking faces all around, the Pope gets involved, Donald Trump gets involved, parents go to high court to order GOSH to let boy go, poor blighter is at death's door so parents eventually give up legal battle and want to take him home to die. GOSH say the equipment needed to keep the boy stable and pain free until he pops his clogs is too cumbersome to go into a domestic house and advise moving him to a hospice. Parents back in front of media with the boo-hoo faces trying to make GOSH look like the bad guy again.

Just Giving account £1,341,300 (of £1.3M goal) correct as of 14:47 - this was the amount needed to get him to USA for treatment. Don't know what happens to that money when he's gone. Will the parents give it back? Maybe set up the Charlie Gard foundation for kids who need an operation. Maybe they will keep every penny. Who knows?

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  4. Mind The Duck

"I did know you are thick"

Awkward

Gambol likes this.
  5. Mind The Duck

Got to side with il papa

6. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

Awkward.

7. GroveRanger

GroveRanger Well-Known Member

Who, this guy?

please log in to view this image

8. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

9. Cruyff's Turn.

Cruyff's Turn. Active Member

There is a clue in the parents as to how the offspring came to be a member of the brassica family. They know best despite the opinions of lorry loads of experts. Has anyone noticed just how do lally the tee shirt wearing save Charlie supporters look? The latest wheeze from ma and PA is that he was perfectly normal until the NHS got their hands on him.

10. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

If you have Facebook have a look at Charlies Army page :rolleyes:

It's a disgrace and a terrible slur on a great hospital.

Scumbags.

11. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

As I said, I don't know much about the story, but if it was my kid, I would probably want to take the risk of flying him to the USA for the treatment, not a huge amount to lose at this stage. What is it that is wrong with him anyway?

Mind The Duck likes this.
  12. Patience

Patience Spastic Arab

He's black.

Toley Fart, Void and monacoger like this.
  13. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

<laugh> you are one sick ****!

Sign Da Ting likes this.
  14. Da Original M.D 20/20

Da Original M.D 20/20 Well-Known Member

Otherwise known as the "Steve McQueen" treatment regime.

15. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

Yeah, sure <ok>

16. Cruyff's Turn.

Cruyff's Turn. Active Member

The suspicion is that the Yankee Doodle Dandy expert wanted to use him as a guinea pig with a massive weigh out as a bonus.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  17. Toley Fart

Toley Fart not606's best fighter

18. monacoger

monacoger POTY 2021

Will some **** tell me the ****ing answer ffs. God forbid it happens to any of our kids, but if your kid was terminally ill and had a glimmer of hope of being cured in the USA and you had the £1.3 million to try it out, what is wrong with going there? Why are the courts stopping a terminall ill child getting on the off chance life saving treatment? Please tell me I am missing something here, as not even GC is that heartless.

19. Mind The Duck

I agree with the race traitor

20. brb

brb CR250

Not followed the story myself either. I'm guessing the £1.3 million donations were raised after the initial refusal to send the child to the US came about, someone clearly had to foot that bill initially before the funds came forward, namely the good ole NHS. Problem was then the child's time line was quickly running out, what at most 3-4 months from the original decision to where we are today.

GOSH had to make some very difficult decisions, my guess is do you spend £1.3 Million on one child on experimental treatment, treatment by experts that had a high probability of failure, or use the funds to save hundreds of other children from other curable health issues. Medical science is great but it comes at a price, some will argue there should not be a price on life, that's fine in cloud cuckoo land but this is the real world, and amazingly money does not grow on trees.

Once the 1.3 Million was raised it was nigh on already too late, I believe the actual exact total required was only reached after the final ultimate decision came about on the child's life. Yeah all assumptions on my part but can be no worse then the supposed death threats on people within GOSH, at least i'm trying to make a sensible guess on the reality of things.

I have every sympathy with the child but none what so ever of the T Shirt wearing morons that want to attack our great children's hospital. I heard Farage blaming 'The Establishment' - I myself am anti establishment but on this occasion for the little I do know it appears sadly the correct decisions were made on the basis of expert opinion and an already financially restrained health service.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017