1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Charlie Austin Stuff

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by durbar2003, May 31, 2015.

1. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Chelsea in mood to replace Drogba. with quality hit man

Charlie Austin has emerged as a shock transfer target for Premier League winners Chelsea, Chelsea-Mad can reveal.

The Queens Park Rangers hit man, one of the Hopps' successes in their dismal season which saw them relegated from the top flight is seen as a natural back up for injury prone Diego Costa.

it had been expected that Austin was heading to Anfield to join Liverpool. But with the Scousers in turmoil.and the future of ex-Chelsea youth team coach and now Liverpool manager Bredan Rodgers in doubt, Chelsea feel they can nip in and steal the striker, who is expected to make his England debut next week against Republic of Ireland In Dublin for a friendly.

Austin, 25 is a lifelong Chelsea fan and will jump at the chance to stay in London and fulfil his dream of playing for his boyhood club.

Austin has made steady progress in his career which started in non-league after his release from Reading as a youth. Having being picked up by Swindon, from Poole Town, Austin has scored goals wherever he went. A goal-laden stopover at Burnley saw him arrive at the west London cousins of Chelsea QPR where he scored 18 goals last season.

A fee of £20million will secure his signing as QPR clear the decks for life in the Championship.

2. 1982_Ranger

1982_Ranger Well-Known Member

Can't see it myself, plus I don't think he's anywhere near Chelsea level. Wish him all the best, wherever he ends up though, he deserves it.

3. aqualung

aqualung Well-Known Member

If he wants to warm their bench then fine. I guess the lad is more ambitious than that.

4. Ranger

Ranger Active Member

Can join Remy on the bench. I suspect they have some bigger names in mind too. Good luck to him - until he plays against us!

5. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Would take the £20M on offer (if true) but don't think this would be a good move for Charlie - he'd probably spend most if the season picking splinters out of his arse from sitting on the bench, rather than playing and working his way into the International set up for next summer.

Didley Squat likes this.
  6. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

as long as we get the money we want for him I don't care where he goes.

Hoop-Leif and Jimbo ranger like this.
  7. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

That's about it - just another ex-R to follow the career of.

8. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I hope this doesn't happen, not because it's Chelsea but because he will have Costa and Remy ahead of him and will rarely get a game. Somewhere like Southampton would be a much better destination for him.

Libby, Didley Squat and aqualung like this.
  9. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

would be sad to see him leave - however he has given us 2 years of good service and we make a profit on him. Only hope that (1) if he decides not to leave, then the club offer him a new contract that has a release clause attached; (2) we negotiate a sell on clause if he does leave, (3) he does move - then Chelsea offer us Hazard in part exchange

10. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

I would love to see Charlie stay, but realistically I can't see that happening. He deserves a move after his goal scoring exploits in a poor team this past season.

11. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I would have thought that he would prefer to be playing most weeks as opposed to warming the bench.

However, I didn't realise that Charlie was a life-long Chelsea fan, so maybe that will decide it for him.

12. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Don't see him being a Liverpool or Chelsea type player, think he's more likely to end up at somewhere like Villa after they lose Benteke.

Happy to get in the £20M region for him which would be a good return & we're going to need that sort of money to get in some suitable replacements.

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It's about money for me, the more the better. Charlie's been a good servant but i think he will want to stay in the Prem. If he ends up at Scum then so be it. I will just feel sorry for him being a sub and playing in that library every other week in front of all those plastic muppets, who really haven't a clue about the club or it's history.
    Oh and John Terry is a racist @@@@ and his family are all @@@@'s.

14. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

Chelsea are favorites on Sky Bet at 15/8 then Newcastle 5/2

15. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

From a purely selfish point of view I want to see him end up at whoever is willing to pay the most.

I think he would be mad to go to Chelsea though. He would never be first choice and would be number three in the pecking order. Remy is a better player IMO.

16. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

Makes a change to have pockets picked of players for cash (Charlie & Remy), rather than Tony's wallet, with all the former-Spurs players we have taken in recent years.

17. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

He'll be lucky to make more than five starts in the PL, it'll be the FA Cup and League Cup for him, what a waste...

18. goldcoast hoop

goldcoast hoop Well-Known Member

Would be a good signing for the geordies
    and think they would pay the money

19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

QPR striker Charlie Austin to make decision over club future after international break
    • Charlie Austin will make decision over his future during the summer
    • The QPR ace could leave Loftus Road after relegation to Championship
    • Austin is on course to make his England debut after receiving first call-up
    By Paul Hirst, Press Association
    Published: 23:14 GMT, 4 June 2015 | Updated: 23:16 GMT, 4 June 2015
    QPR striker Charlie Austin will hold off on making a decision regarding his future until after the international break.
    The west London side were relegated from the Barclays Premier League last season despite Austin's excellent form.
    After scoring 18 goals during his maiden top-flight season, it comes as no surprise that the likes of Newcastle and Southampton are after the striker.
    please log in to view this image

Queens Park Rangers striker Charlie Austin could leave Loftus Road after his side's relegation

Austin, who scored league 18 goals for QPR this season, takes shares a joke with Wayne Rooney (left)

Austin's fine form for QPR may see him playing in the Premier League next season despite being relegated
    Those goals helped Austin earn his first England call-up and he is determined to make the most of the opportunity.
    For that reason he will not decide where his future lies until after the upcoming double-header against the Republic of Ireland and Slovenia.
    'I feel like I've worked hard enough this season for QPR to try to be a Premier League player, but at the moment I've still got a year left at QPR, so what the future holds, that's up to the club and my agent to sort out,' the QPR striker said.
    'I'll speak to [manager] Chris Ramsey and [director of football] Les Ferdinand and tell them my thoughts and they'll tell me their thoughts.
    'After these two weeks, I'll sit down with the club, but I just want to be fully focused on these next two weeks with England.'
    England's trip to Dublin on Sunday will be the first time they have visited the Emerald Isle since the infamous Lansdowne Road riot of 1995.

With the hosts winning 1-0, hooligans caused the game to be abandoned when they threw chairs and other objects on to the pitch.
    It was a shameful day for English football and the Football Association (FA) is keen to avoid any trouble this time around.
    The FA sent a letter to all England fans attending this weekend's friendly urging them to refrain from any inflammatory anti-IRA chanting.
    Austin believes the match will pass off peacefully.
    'You can imagine it being a big atmosphere and I know that we've moved on from 20 years ago now and the fans that will be going there will provide great support like they have throughout the years,' he said.
    With Danny Welbeck and Daniel Sturridge out injured, Austin is likely to make his England debut in Dublin.
    The QPR forward is hopeful England can come away with their unbeaten post-World Cup record intact.
    'I believe we can go to Ireland and put on a good performance,' the former Burnley man added.
    'It would be nice if I get the chance on Sunday or a week's time. I just hope to get on the pitch and represent my country.'

Austin (centre) goes through his stretches along with his England team-mates during training on Thursday

Austin and Vardy (left) addressed the media on Thursday ahead of their potential England debuts

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3111681/QPR-striker-Charlie-Austin-make-decision-club-future-international-break.html#ixzz3cAQbnXd4
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

20. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

Please have a replacement ready! he's off...don't do another Remy