1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Changing the guard

Discussion in 'Millwall' started by brisbane-lion, May 25, 2017.

1. brisbane-lion

brisbane-lion Well-Known Member

Always seems sad to me that when a club is promoted it is necessary to re-organise the team. This means shedding some of the 'old guard' to make room for new players that may be more adaptable to the higher division. Players that have given a lot to their team are discarded and left to their own devices, left to search for another club to whom they will give their allegiance or, sadly, be forced into lower divisions and sometimes to give up football altogether. It's a bugger of a way to make a living. To those Lions that are being paid off, I wish you all well in the future and success in whatever you do.

Millwallsteve likes this.
  2. Millwallsteve

Millwallsteve Waterloo's Finest
    Forum Moderator

Hear, hear brissy. <applause>

3. MIGHTY

MIGHTY Del-Boy

sentimental old git <laugh>

4. Ringo Lion

Ringo Lion Pumpkin

Changes will have to be made in order to stay in the championship and build to be able to maintain a place in the championship, i can see Jimi Abdou and Tony Craig getting just token subsitute appearances up until christmas and then being loaned out for the rest of the season, it would be great if both of these could be offered some sort of coaching role, as both of these players understand the 'Millwall way' in regards to passion and work rate.

5. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

Is the "Millwall way" relegation ? if, as I suspect it is, they should both be offered a coaching role to encourage those around them and comfort them in their inevitable demise.