1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

CHAMPIONSHIP REBUILD THREAD

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Apr 8, 2017.

1. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Give your thoughts on what will be needed to rebuild this pathetic squad we have, clearly we will lose Siggy and Llorente, but I'm not that bothered, but I do want to see the back of Naughton, Fernandez, Amat, Ki, Routledge, Montero, have I left anyone out that should be kicked out! Ah yes Jinx.................<laugh>

PS: As poor as performances have been, the big problem is off the field.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. JackPA26

JackPA26 Active Member

Fer...useless! Montero, one trick pony.....and Jinx. The greed of the board has royally shafted us this year.

3. DragonPhilljack

Forgot about Monty, he is a one trick pony, could be looking at a complete rebuild for the championship, going to be a very testing time for the Boardroom, with the loss of £100 Million PL pot..........................<ok>

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  4. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Not over yet but we need to get rid of players that are near their end of their contract anyway. It will cost us a lot of money to do this but when you think we have wasted over £4m in agent fees and £15m on a non playing striker then it is worth paying off players not wanted to free the wage bill......Huw will be in charge and there is nothing we can do about that........I hope we manage to stay up but it's looking very unlikely..

5. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

Whatever happens next season the first thing we need to do is employ either an experienced director of football or a proper head scout.

We can give Huw a copy of football manager and tell him to play with that instead of our beloved club.

6. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

A championship rebuild will cost a lot more than staying and rebuilding in the premiership.

Fabianski, Gylfi, Olsson, Narsingh, Llorente, Carroll and Cork will find new teams in the PL/abroad.

The rest of our defenders are not good enough, the rest of our midfielders are not good enough, wingers are not good enough and as for Baston the least said the better.

We need a brand new 25 man squad for the championship <grr>

7. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Financial fair play wil have an effect on a rebuildin the Championship as well. Rather ironic that we had to beat Hull to stay in the Football League and now we have to beat them to stay in the Premier League.

8. DragonPhilljack

There's one other major issue in all this also, the Yanks? They promised investement into the squad, but didn't deliver, now it will be forced upon them.

There are not many players I will miss to be honest, though I'd like to keep Olsson, Carol, Mowson, Fab, clearly Llorente and Sigg will be prime poaching targets, and will go, and as for the rest of the dross, the sooner they are jettisoned the better............<ok>

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  9. DragonPhilljack

I was pondering that thought yesterday, seems we and Hull are in a dual again, though they now have the upper hand, they clearly have a better manager, who has galvanised a very small squad, where we are all adrift with our gutless crew, this is reflecting badly on PC.

10. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

Things not looking good but it's not over yet, I feel sorry for Paul Clement a new manager can only work with the players he's got, brought in too late.

Hope you can stay up, if not it will not be easy to get out of the Championship. I can see why you would want a massive overall of the playing staff but take care don't throw the baby out with the water.

11. DragonPhilljack

Paul Clement has warned his players they are heading for the Championship, after the 'West Ham horror show'

But the fact that his side could turn in such a flat performance, lacking in conviction, in a critical game when they are fighting for their lives with seven - now six - fixtures remaining was extremely alarming....... <ok>

please log in to view this image

12. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

They'll sell Llorente and Gylfi for circa £30m, pocket the parachute payments, sell the club and **** off with at least £40m profit.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  13. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

We will be in Div one before we know it, I can see it coming.....

14. DragonPhilljack

I'll be happy with that, at least they will be gone!...............<ok>

15. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Reading the Yanks latest comments suggest that Huw and Co not only screwed us and the club over, but they've also screwed the Yanks over too.

Let's hope they get sued and lose their money <laugh>

16. DragonPhilljack

Yes Jinx hid the original shareholders agreement from them, interesting this statement from Levien and Kaplan now, the timing is very prudent indeed, are they lining up for something, now that they are facing a £100 Million loss next year?...............<laugh>

17. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

As much as I cant stand the stripey Nigels I had to be impressed(though still typical stripey Nigel cringy) with the backing and support they gave their side last side. Its got to help. They were all up for the fight.

Yourselves and Sunderland (dont know about Boro ) as fan bases seem to have thrown the towel in.

I get it with Sunderland but you are far from relegated.

Perform like you did for 88 mins against Spurs and you will stay up comfortably.

Relegation and building isnt easy either. You will have players on big wages who you will want out who you will be stuck with as clubs wont want them and their big wages. I immediately think of Fer. Surely no other mug of a PL club will sign him again.

The parachute payments will end up covering wages of players youd rather want out than new players.

The Yanks cant pocket the parachute payments and walk with the money either. Its protected and the league can hold the money to prevent this.

You may be better off relegated. 46 games. Mid week floodlit football. Ground minus plastic fans who can go back watching Man Ure and Liverpool and 2 matches against Neil Warnocks boys kicking you all over the pitch. Great stuff.<cheers>. Youll probably be in the upper half of the league as well.

Or have another season like this one minus almost certainly minus Gylfi and Llorente.

DragonPhilljack and DaiJones like this.
  18. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Perform like we did v West Ham , Bmouth, Hull then we're down , perform like we did for the last 7 minutes v Spurs we're down .It could of course be the closing of the circle ,between us and Hull this time not out of the league but a drop down from the PL ,how ironic from a Jack to a King to a **** , sell that story Jerkins .

Ps Warnock likes us <whistle>

19. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

You need to take points from your home games against Stoke & WBA plus the away game at Sunderland. Then hope Hull fall apart.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  20. Newportswan

Newportswan Well-Known Member

Yes we have enjoyed the premier league but can anyone say they did not enjoy football in the lower leagues as well. The most important thing is to secure the future of the club and stadium and continue to enjoy both. What we all dread is a return to Tony Petty like ownership.