1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Champions vs Chelsea

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by BigFox, Jan 14, 2017.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Leicester
    • Schmeichel
    • Fuchs
    • Morgan
    • Huth
    • Chilwell
    • Mendy
    • Musa
    • Drinkwater
    • Ndidi
    • Albrighton
    • Vardy
    Substitutes
    • King
    • Kapustka
    • Simpson
    • Okazaki
    • Zieler
    • Gray
    • Wasilewski
    Chelsea
    • Courtois
    • Azpilicueta
    • David Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Moses
    • KantĂ©
    • Matic
    • Alonso
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Pedro
    Substitutes
    • Begovic
    • Ivanovic
    • FĂ bregas
    • Zouma
    • Loftus-Cheek
    • Batshuayi
    • Chalobah

Looks like we are playing a 4-5-1 again with Chillwell as RB rather then Simpson - not sure about that as he will be facing Hazard but should be able to keep up with him at least.

Pedro will be leading their line so don't expect high balls but instead a lot of through passes into space for him to run into - Morgan was one of the fastest sprinters last season and will need to match that tonight.

Lets see how Mendy and Ndidi can handle their high press and help the defense - am anticipating Vardy and Musa staying up the entire game and hopefully counterattacking.

Return of Kante which will be fun - no Costa though as he'd rather be in China.

Unfortunately Lawro predicted a 2-1 win for us... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38555870

2. outonthefloor

outonthefloor Member

interesting!

3. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

4. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

5. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

****ing woeful piss poor headless chickens. No saving grace whatsoever. Make no mistake we are teetering on the brink

6. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Strange starting line-up. I was expecting something like:

Schmeichel
    Simpson Morgan Huth Chilwell
    Drinkwater Ndidi
    Gray Okazaki Albrighton
    Musa

Well beaten in the end and some more difficult games to come. I wonder if the 3 at the back experiment will continue. Against different opposition it might work.. I don't like playing Vardy and Musa together up front. At the moment Musa looks to be the one who has more variation in his play.

7. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Depressed.

8. jambawamba

jambawamba Well-Known Member

Cannot understand Simpson being left out from the start, experiment against lower teams but ffs not against Chelsea! thought Drinky was woeful
    today his passing was terrible, the only time we looked like doing anything was when Grey came on! Just don't get today's line up, suppose that his
    why i drive for a living <steam>

HarboroughFox likes this.
  9. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

For me going forward;

Kasper

Simpson Morgan Huth Fuchs (just)

Albrighton Drinkwater Ndidi Gray

Okazaki

Vardy

10. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

In fairness we were given a bit of a footballing lesson by a very good Chelsea side. Their one touch passing and movement was superb.

We do need to keep a bit of perspective at times - the vast majority of the Chelsea squad, as individuals, each cost more than Slimani and double our next ...

Thought Ndidi had a pretty good debut tbf. ...

Keep your chins up lads. :)

AstroFox likes this.

11. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Yeah we got smashed but they are good. Tried something new and it didn't work. Onto the next

12. AstroFox

AstroFox Well-Known Member

It might take a while for 3-5-2 to gel, if that's what CR sees as the future. Testing it against easily the best side in the PL will certainly have given information on how it needs tweaking and it may well work against lesser sides. I believe!

13. southernfox

southernfox Member

That was a senior moment from CR don't know what the hell he was thinking but we had 3 player away at the AFCOM,
    so why play some of the others out of position and in a new formation against the best team in the PL at the moment?
    When after 15 mins it was not working CR should have brought on Simpson and change it back to 4-4-2.
    (headless chickens springs to mind!!!!)

14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

.... we conceded a sloppy goal but then dominated play for the last half hour of the first half ... so I'm not sure what 'wasn't working' at that point ... more accurate through balls would have put Vardy or Musa in on more than one occasion. So you wouldn't change at half time given that last half hour. Unfortunately, we then conceded a deflected second ... that's life.

In terms of manager tactics we played a whole lot better in the first half than we did with the 4-4-2 at Chelsea where we were ripped to shreds.

Ranieri is experimenting with thereturn of the 3 in mind. No need to get overly worried we have a pretty good squad. <ok>

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Our league position is a reason to get worried - could very easily get drawn into a relegation battle.

16. BucksFox

Which is exactly why we should have gone for the win against Middlesbrough. After our next 3 games we could be in the bottom 3, then things start to get a bit hairy. We cannot afford to be complacent and think we're too good. Hull and Sunderland are used to scrapping it out down there and pick up points you don't expect them to.

17. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Just realised we have 3 games in 6 days! Sunday, Tuesday, Friday :emoticon-0127-lipss:emoticon-0127-lipss:emoticon-0127-lipss:emoticon-0127-lipss

18. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Burnley, Palace, Watford, Middleborough, Sunderland, Hull, Swansea (I'll leave it there but I also think we'll finish above a few more)....

Stand back from being the normal pessemistic bunch that we Leicester fans undoubtedly are and focus on the squads that each of these have ...

PS Mahrez scored a brace for Algeria yesterday .... if I'm wrong and we get relegated I'll stand down as mod and happily hand over to Yidokev ... then you'll really have something to worry about<laugh>

AstroFox, nzfoxfan and JohnTheFox like this.
  19. BucksFox

We have to get things in perspective here. Algeria's opponents were those well-known giants of African football - Zimbabwe.

Having a squad is one thing; getting them to play together and get a result is another. We have had a good squad all season but we are where we are.

Hopefully it doesn't come to relegation. I'm not sure I could stomach too much of Yidokev's dodgy yoof patter. I think he speaks in tongues, although it might just be utter b0ll0cks, I can't tell the difference.

20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

...Mahrez is THE African player of the year already ...he's merely enhancing his reputation after game 1 ...to put things in perspective... :)