1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Champions v Sunderland

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by The Ginger Marks, May 20, 2017.

1. The Ginger Marks

Ok lads the title is in the bag so it's time for me to do a match day thread. Firstly thanks to Stan for doing most of them this season he has certainly been good luck for us (I'm superstitious).

It's important for the team to beat Sunderland to ensure Thibaut Courtois doesn't have to share the golden glove award and that we attain the 30 game wins banishing Joses record. I believe Conte will play his strongest team with this in mind and I'm sure the players will put in a good shift and want to impress with the cup final around the corner.

My take on the probable starting eleven will be;
    1 Courtois
    2 Cahill
    3 Luiz
    4 Terry
    5 Aspi
    6 Moses
    7 Kante
    8 Pedro
    9 Hazard
    10 Fab
    11 Costa
    Let's hope they give the fans a rousing game and great celebrations

StanDMan and Naas Blue like this.
  2. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

Two things. One, I'll be at rehearsals so I'll not get to see the match or host Dfer Matchday Chat on Chatzy as usual. Second, due to a heating oil spill I have re-located to my Sister's Den until the environmental agency gets it's arse in gear (about a month I'm told.). Oh and Cup Final day. A friend who has M.S. cares for her elderly Father, who is a huge Chelsea fan. Apparently their loving neighbours are giving them the full 'we don't want you freaks near our property or family' treatment. It was an idea of mine to take them both out on Cup Final day somewhere cool to watch the game. Dotcha just love the Great British Public and their caring towards the severely disabled and elderly.

3. The Ginger Marks

Good man, I had neighbours like that once but what comes around goes around. Enjoy your day. <ok>

4. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Happy days G.M. It would be good to get the 30 wins and clean sheet alright. I wonder will J.T. get the Drogba treatment (substituted and carried off shoulder high by his team mates) near the end. The main thing is hopefully no one gets an injury or God forbid a red and miss the final ! With Arsenal finding a bit of form again we will need to be at full tilt to beat them.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

Wilian opening the scoring! 1-1 now!

6. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Diego on a yellow. Needs to come off now. We have had a bit of luck with Koscielny red...lets not even it up !!!

7. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

Hazard giving us the lead!!!

8. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

3-1 by Pedro!

9. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

Batshuayi with his late goal! 4-1 now

10. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Marvellous professional display to finish off an outstanding campaign congrats to Conte and the team - fitting tributes to JT, loyal and outstanding servant of the club - hopefully we'll be able to produce a lot more homegrown quality.

11. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Bit cringe from Terry?

12. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

It's not just the Great British Public unfortunately, that kind of ignorance knows no national boundaries
    Great work taking them out, hope you all have a really joyful day.

Excellent finish to a really amazing season, can't ever remember anything like our transformation.
    Wonderful work from all the team ,all the back up staff, and especially the manager who has replaced the "Special One" seamlessly, and stood the entire PL on its' ear.

13. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Well done on your title. Now go and win the double. Final thought ... watched a clip of the John Terry interview. The way some fans talk about him you would think he was the nastiest man in the world. I do not think he warranted all the villification that was aimed at him by some opposition fans. He will be an asset whatever he decides to do, and I am sure he would be great coaching youngsters in the future should he decide he has a future in the game. Should he continue to play for another year or two, it would be great to see him lead a team like Aston Villa back to the PL rather than playing for the Real Chavs (West Ham)

BobbyD, Blueman, Naas Blue and 2 others like this.
  14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

In footballing terms, we have only ever heard good things from everyone who isn't surnamed Ferdinand.
    It's a shame his (not so) private life and his family have tarnished his reputation, but I couldn't really care less to be honest.
    What Ryan Giggs did so much more sickening, than anything John terry did, yet he receives no where near as much stick.

BobbyD likes this.
  15. The Ides of March

And much of the publicity was hugely invented because it sells newspapers. Of course JT has his faults and failings, who hasn't, but he is also an intensely loyal person, never once thought about leaving Chelsea for one of the monster clubs like RM, was a leader on the pitch and would die rather than be trodden all over.

16. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

We've now got the same amount of top flight Championships as the once mighty Sunderland......6. Sunderland last won the top flight in 1937. Maybe, on Satuturday we'll have 8 FA Cup wins - the same as the Spuds. :biggrin: When was the last time The Spuds won the FA Cup ?????? <cool>

17. The Ides of March

Have West Ham ceased to exist? Nobody here seems to poke any fun at them and I thought they were a big London rival. Obviously not.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Exit what?

19. The Ides of March

Corrected spell checker!!!

20. The Ides of March

I thought you would have been having a night out in Stockholm instead of surfing the Not 606 Chelsea Board!! Hope you have long nails to chew on for tomorrow. Do it for Tobes and win the EL!!!