1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Champions League Final

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Barry Tiger, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Barry Tiger

Barry Tiger Well-Known Member

So was anyone successful in the draw for final tickets? I am afraid me and Mr BfB will have to watch the game in the pub. Massively oversubscribed probably more chance of winning Euro Millions. I expect Cardiff will be buzzing that night.

2. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

Me and the Mrs both applied and she WON!! Absolutely over the moon and hoping results and draw give us an El Classico final <ok>

PGFWhite likes this.
  3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Congrats Steve. You lucky bugger. <ok>

4. Stevoldinho

That's World cup in Rio and CL final tickets. 2 from 2 in the lotteries. I doubt I'll ever win one again! <laugh>

5. BluefromBridgend

True mate. That's all your bridges burned. Please don't ever, ever, ever place a bet on City winning anything. That will be the certain kiss of death.

Stevoldinho likes this.
  6. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

No tickets for me, but there again I didn't expect to get them. I'll get my wife to apply next time!

Stevoldinho likes this.
  7. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

I didn't even realise the game was in Cardiff let alone enter a lottery ticket system.......how much are these tickets gonna cost if you do win the right 2get one.............and how the fk are we offered them, whilst the two sets of fans who`s teams get 2 the final lose out........:emoticon-0119-puke:

8. Stevoldinho

Biggest game in world club football Aber. Uefa always offer a very small percentage of tickets for general sale, they're not just for locals it's for anyone in the world who wants to apply. It's always massively oversubscribed and the odds of winning the right to buy tickets are poor.

We 'won' the right to buy tickets at £140 each. The most expensive tickets you could apply for were about £380 each. Obviously you could make a big profit selling tickets on the black market but that's certainly not why I applied. Although is probably the primary reason for lots of the applications in the draw.

The CL final is a big one in the bucket list, the fact it's in Cardiff is the icing on the cake and I cannot ****ing wait! <ok>

9. aberdude

the biggest game in club football doesn't mean fk all unless your a supporter of the club in the final surely>>>>>>>anyways that leads me 2my next point>>>>>>>why are they having a lottery for tickets when the bulk of support should be from the two clubs fans attending..........apart from that the prices are way over the top for a game of football.

other than that I hope its a good day for everyone attending but its not my cup of tea and couldn't think of anything worse..........I for one will be washing my hair when the rich turn up for a jolly that night

10. FrankfurterBlue

FrankfurterBlue Well-Known Member

Aber! Doris told me you didn't have any hair!!!! Was she lying????

ccfcremotesupport likes this.

11. aberdude

Well I still have eyebrows if that counts ffb :emoticon-0147-emo::emoticon-0141-whew:

12. Stevoldinho

Depends on whether you're a football fan I suppose Aber. I love the game. I'll watch park football right through to the highest level.
    Supporting a club side or international is great but if it's the only reason to attend a game in your opinion then we're very different.

13. aberdude

I still try 2be a football fan dude but I struggle with the money in the game these days and see it for what it is>>>>>>take out the big bucks in the game again and id be happy>>>>>>>>after all it shouldn't cost a fortune 2 kick a bag of air around surely.

lets put it this way>>>>>>>I spent 150 the other day just 2 watch my Cardiff team not give a fk when we played wolves away>>>>>>>>all the money these fks are on and they couldn't give us 100percent..........well fk the club im fed up with seeing soul less twats playing and taking money we could only dream of

ps the prem is worse much much worse>>>>>the champs league is totally repulsive and out of the real world we live in..........fk em I for one will not be watching <ale>

14. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

A day to avoid being in Cardiff I reckon just like when the peanut huggers play eggball.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  15. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

What if Leicester got there? despite everything with Ranieri it's still a fantastic story and shows that money doesn't always buy success in this game

16. BluefromBridgend

Would love to have gone if BT had been lucky in the raffle. Went to the Super Cup Final at CCS a couple of years ago. Brilliant night.

I understand Aber's point of view but if you see football from a wider perspective than your own club (not a criticism if you're a one club man) then it is great to go to these sort of events and enjoy the occasion and maybe the footie.

Mind you we only went for the cheap seats. Might have been more lucky if we were prepared to spend more.

17. aberdude

It doesn't matter who's there dude it's the whole game at this level that's wrong and immoral...... I'm not a one club man either I follow the gunners for an interest in the top flight but that's gone stale and all since the big bucks was being thrown about.......like everything else money ruins the original concept in the end. Each to they're own mind if people wanna waste money on others lifestyles then that's your call.....I'm glad I'm not part of it