1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Catts out all season

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Bizarreknives, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Its reported this morning that Catts is out for the rest of the season with a broken bone in his back.
    This is a massive blow in my eyes as he could have helped halter our mini slump.
    Step up Muntari- time to show what you are made of son, we have 10 days until our next game, Everton away, its not easy but we should be looking for a win as Everton are having a bad season by their normal standards.
    Brucie now has to show his qualities and give some rousing team talks, just like Scott Parker did for West Ham at half time last weekend, we need to stop losing the lead in the 2nd half of games and keep up our concentration for the whole 90 minutes.

KTF

2. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

I read that and no excuses at Everton, if Catts being out means we struggle then we have not made the proggress I had thought.
    We need to stop this, well it will be an hard game and start with, we must win, fight and lose OK but lets not give up before we get there.

With Muntari, Henderson, Sess, Steed,Richardson,Zenden,Elmo to chose from and two weeks to prepare we really dont have any excuses.

3. Cabinda safc

Cabinda safc Member

I think we saw glimpses of what Muntari and Sess have to offer against spurs however hendo needs to step up to the plate it seems as though he is afraid to put his foot in when needed, hope i am wrong but think he needs a spell on the bench so he does not think he is automatic choice.

4. InBruceWeTrusted

With our current "slump", I realy wonder if our loanees have the bottle and determination to get through this. We will find out in the coming weeks but do these players actually give a toss if we slide down the tabel and finish 14? That is my worry for the rest of the season.

I do not question the character and heart of our permanent players but the likes of Muntari, Elmo, Onouha have not been in this situation so far this season so it will be interesting to see how they respond.

5. only1kilbane

only1kilbane Member

Bruce said he hopes to have him back for the Everton game thank god.

6. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Gutted. I think we've been missing a little bit of grit in midfield the last couple of months. Hopefully Muntari can step up to the plate. Any news on Meyler? Thought he was starting to come into his own before his injury.

7. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

I saw today that Tina Turner and Campbell have started training again soo some good news.

8. calmcumbrian

calmcumbrian Well-Known Member

Lee will be a massive miss,but we have strengthened our midfield in the window,so it's time for Muntari to step in and do the job we have brought him in to do.As Corporal Jones used to say in Dad's Army....don't panic!!!!

9. jerseymackem

jerseymackem Active Member

What's the link? Massive blow to the team, hopefully Muntari and Meyler can step up.

10. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Catts been absent for yonks, how come the medicos, have just realised he has a broken bone in his back.
    Jesus,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,the wonders of modern science eh?

11. safc73

safc73 Active Member

Our cat was out all last night.

12. only1kilbane

only1kilbane Member

Strange how even though our manager has stated that Catts hopes to be back for the Everton game that people are still commenting about his "broken bone in back" courtesy of the sun ffs...

13. mackemwelder

mackemwelder Well-Known Member

Until we get an official announcement from the club I have to treat this as utter tosh, sorry lads but apart from Page 3, the Sun isn't worth jack ****.

14. Rokerlad59

Rokerlad59 Member

It makes sense now, follow my logic lads....

a) The Sun report Catts out for the season
    b) PrettyBoy/BC post a thread saying Catts out for the season - from his sauce

Therefore, PrettyBoy/BC sauce = The Sun.

Proves that twonk wasn't educated beyond nursery level. I knew my degree in WUM detection would come in handy.

15. Bizarreknives

Bizarreknives Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

ooohhh !