1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Carroll's Interview and your thoughts

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by BCR, Feb 1, 2011.

1. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

So Carroll came out and adamantly said that he did not want to leave. The most interesting part of that was he wanted the fans to know. This could be taken as we have possibly another Torres in leaving their boyhood club to move on, will they show that same loyalty?

Or he understands how fans are a big part of a team, and was conscious about that, not wanting to let the fans down.

I take this in a positive light as he felt he was pushed out by the club he thought loved him back. If anything that should put a fire in his belly to prove them wrong, to justify how much we shelled out for him, and to go on to big things.

I think that once he gets the affection of the club, the fans, and feels Liverpool out a bit more he will be very happy he moved but I think he also feels wronged at the moment, which is fair.

Also any news when he comes back from his thigh injury?<ok>

2. The Ginger Marks

photographers were on him first thing this morning as he left home for training at Mellwood
    please log in to view this image

3. dansafcman

dansafcman Well-Known Member

Forced out?

Translation:

"Liverpool put a bid in for me, so i asked for a raise in salary (even though i signed a new contract in October), Ashely/pardew said no - which meant i was forced to hand a transfer request in"

4. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I am glad that Kenny came out and stated that we were his first choice, so regardless of forced out/didn't get raise. I am looking at what is going through his head as he comes here, will it be to prove something or he wanted the move. Why would Newcastle not want to give him the raise then? If he was such a commodity and they wanted to build the team around him? So in other words not as wanted as he thought?

All about the dollars these days....

5. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Fair enough, he's got 3-4 weeks off to get over it and settle into his new surroundings. We won't expect him to feel anything when he starts scoring in front of the Kop. We will but he doesn't have to. And if he does, then hot damn, we figured he would.

6. Paullow

Paullow Member

Why would Newcastle not want to give him the raise then?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

because he signed a 5 year contract in october - 3 months ago, and in those 3 months he has been out for 1 of those, so he hasn't done anything to warrant a pay rise. this time 14 months or so ago he was behind lovenkrands and harewood for us and only came into prominence around november / december. in my opnion the reported 30k was more than enough for someone 2 years into his career, 21/22 and playing for his 'hometown' club.

7. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

he was also promised yet another new contract this coming summer. You can't throw away your whole pay structure mid-season.

I think he liked the idea of the move but hasn't got the balls to admit it. Not knocking him for wanting it. Liverpool is a huge club and he's on nearly 3 times the pay apparently. Just wish he could be straight about it.

8. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Good points, did not know about the contract talks. I think he wanted the move too and I hope that can only mean good things for us then when he comes back.

9. iToons

iToons Member

Everything about that interview tells me Carroll doesn't want to be there... hes a very bad liar.

10. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Saw the Pardew interview in which he says he told Carroll if he wanted a pay rise he'd have to put it in writing, i.e. a transfer request.

I suppose knowing he was worth that much on the market, if not on paper, AC felt Newcastle should back up their desire to keep him. Seems like desire was a little short on both sides.